Protein Shake Concerns

Options

Replies

• slsmoot123
    slsmoot123 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Nutrilite!!!!!!!! The whey protein shakes are naturally sweetened and comes in 3 different flavors, vanilla, chocolate, strawberry. I get it in convienent powder form which is good for on-the-go (just add water) or for smoothies. OR I can get it pre-made in convienent bottles-also good for tucking in my gym bag or purse. 3rd option is protein bars in chocolate peanut or cookies and cream. I think they taste as good if not better than any of the other shakes and they help me make a better food choice when I'm hungry and there is no food around. Best of all, I get them delivered to my doorstep without having to lug any heavy cases from the store to the kitchen. I have to admit I'm a distributor for Nutrilite but they really have good sports nutrition products that have been helping me. If anyone wants to know more dont hesitate to message me :smile: Good luck with your weightloss endeavors.
  • ShannonMarie81
    Options
    Bump
  • Lynniebinee
    Options
    Go Organic - with Proteins + calcuim drink - Check out "Lorna Vanderhaeghe" she a nutrtionalist and well known for her research and books.....
    Pack your lunch with lots of veggies and protien !!!! :smile:
  • trybefan
    trybefan Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    protein-drinks.jpg

thanks for sharing....out of all of those, I think Myoplex and Muscletech have the best taste....with Myo winning
  • DMB14896
    Options
    If you're worried about choking it down, get a Blender Bottle. It gets rid of all the yucky lumps in your protein drink.
  • fitnessyeoja
    fitnessyeoja Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    bump
  • rockrosie
    rockrosie Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I just went to my nutritionist and she said if I was needing protein, that I could use a protein shake. She stated I could use a whey protein powder, add greek yogurt, and do fruit or even avocado (mild taste). She stated no more than 25 grams of protein though per serving (? forgot to ask why). She also said to add flax seed to it. I'm curious to try this concoction.

If you use flax seed, make sure to grind it just before- if you grind it too soon, it becomes worthless, and if you don't grind it at all, there's no benefit as it goes right through you!
  • josery1630
    josery1630 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    We use Biochem protein powder here in our home since we don't like to use anything with sucralose or other chemical sweeteners. I use it only after a hard workout to supplement my protein intake as I eat primarily a vegetarian diet. I originally purchased it at Whole Foods but found it much cheaper on Amazon with free shipping. We've used the vanilla and chocolate 100% whey formula.
    ^^This, except I buy the Berries and Whey formula. Good stuff.

You can also make your own protein bars. That way you can control the sugar and you'll have something handy to snack on.
  • natalieg0307
    natalieg0307 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Lynniebinee
    Options
    "Genuine Health" from Organic ile; Proteins + calcuim with natural sweet berry - its also support weight loss !!!
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    If you're worried about choking it down, get a Blender Bottle. It gets rid of all the yucky lumps in your protein drink.

Thanks for the tip! :)
  • Lynniebinee
    Options
    Ok I'm new here ... what the heck is bump? What does it mean ? sorry :embarassed:
  • TeamRipped4Life
    TeamRipped4Life Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Shakeology.

Shakeology is the best product on the market for helping you lose weight, increase your energy, reduce health risks, and helps you get in the best shape of your life. I've been using Shakeology for two months and have seen amazing results.

Shakeology is a multivitamin, your daily serving of vegetables & fruits, protein, meal replacement - shake. There is nothing else like it on the market and is the healthiest product for you.
  • Lynniebinee
    Options
    Put it in yogout or Juice .....
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I think the protein limits per serving are because protein can be hard on the liver to process. :-)

I think it's the kidneys it's hard on.
  • josery1630
    josery1630 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Ok I'm new here ... what the heck is bump? What does it mean ? sorry :embarassed:
    It adds it to your "My Topics" so you can find it easier when you want to go back and look for it.
  • thenance007
    thenance007 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I just started using Robb's Whey Protein, Chocolate and it tastes great--I use 1 scoop in 1 cup fat free Lactaid. The Spike Diet book recommends that you drink one immediately after weight training to keep your body from using it's muscle. I think we need to realize that they are not adding these heavy metals to their products, merely concentrating what is already in the milk, eggs, etc. and that we are getting those things from pretty much everything we eat. It's in the ground, in the air, in the water, IN US. And we store it in our fat, so the best thing we can do is LOSE THE FAT!
  • jmehere
    jmehere Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I don't have any advise on how much, accept to say that I think that we are a little obsessed with it. It's funny, my husband brought home a newspaper from 1976ish (can't remember the exact year) and in the meat section of the ads it said something like this, "If you're trying to loose weight, eat meat with every meal." I wonder if it has something to do with the industrialization of meat production. I'm not sure exactly when corn subisdies started, but it would make sense if all those things came together at the same time. If your feed is super cheap, then you can produce more animals, right?
    Anyway, I know that has nothing to do with protein shakes, accept that it might have instigated our obsession with protein.
    I, myself, do have days when I do low carb, high protein days. Although, my high protein days are probably nothing compared to the average consumption of most people. I eat a flexitarian diet (only eat meat about once a week).
    I do make myself a protein shake. I just use Bob's Red mill Concentrated Whey, which you'll find with all the other Bob's Red Mill stuff. I warm up about 1/4th cup of water and pour it over 1 t cocoa powder, 1 t sugar, 1/2 t instant coffee (and or instant dandelion coffee substitute). When that's dissolved, I add my scoop of protein, mix it, then add about 1 cup of milk. It's pretty yummy. And you can add a drop or 2 of whatever flavor you like (just peppermint oil, vanilla extract, almond oil, etc.)
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Protein powders (and bars) make it possible to get in protein without adding saturated fats from animal protein. Also, they are convenient, filling and taste great mixed with water, milk, almond milk, yogurt or other foods and recipes.
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I just started using Robb's Whey Protein, Chocolate and it tastes great--I use 1 scoop in 1 cup fat free Lactaid. The Spike Diet book recommends that you drink one immediately after weight training to keep your body from using it's muscle. I think we need to realize that they are not adding these heavy metals to their products, merely concentrating what is already in the milk, eggs, etc. and that we are getting those things from pretty much everything we eat. It's in the ground, in the air, in the water, IN US. And we store it in our fat, so the best thing we can do is LOSE THE FAT!

Hmmm that is an interesting point that makes logical sense. In all honesty, I don't research everything I put in my mouth and yet I decided to research this... Not really sure WHY, probably because it is such a foreign concept to me. :)