Greek yogurt is an acquired taste

Options

Replies

• YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Just because you don't like it doesn't make something an acquired taste.

If that was the case than everything would be an "acquired taste" :noway:
  • foss44
    foss44 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I like chobani with pineapple
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I like Fage. I mix it with damson jam and cinnamon .

Me too.

I get Fage (really cheap at Target), Chobani or Voskos typically in plain. Trader Joes as well.

I like 2% but Voskos 0% is my favorite of the nonfats.

I typically mix with a bit of jam: a teaspoon or 2. Way less sugar than the fruit on the bottoms. Or during the summer I'll chop up peaches, berries or plums into my yogurt. At the airport, I'll add a banana. Mango is excellent as well. I like the fruit because it feels like dessert. Otherwise I just eat it plain.

I also use it for dip. I like to make a creamy avocado dip with 50% avocado, 50% greek yogurt and lime, salt, and cayenee pepper to use as a veggie dip or dip for baked tortilla chips.

I made an amazing dip for veggies with greek yogurt, a little dijon mustard, lemon juice, chopped herbs and a little chopped onion.

I bought presweetened yogurt because it was on sale this week. Now it feels too sweet, I am completely used to the plain with my additives.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    The Dannon Oikos vanilla is the best!! Beats Chobani, and Trader Joe's for sure. I hate the plain flavor...I want to eat yogurt, not something sour!
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I like Chobani the best. Fage is good if the store is out of Chobani, and I refuse to eat the Dannon stuff again. Blegh
  • looking4lisa
    looking4lisa Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My fav too!
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt is slamming!
    It's filling, healthy and great tasting once you get past the initial yuk.
  • Krystyna15
    Options
    When i first tried Greek yogurt, i loved the blueberry, but now my favorite is pineapple. In my opinion, chobani is the best brand, just make sure you fully mix it first and don't try the plain first....its not the best :)
  • shepardja
    Options
    I love Greek Gods yogurt. I like the Honey, but it's a little on the fattening side.
  • 19kat55
    19kat55 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Love me some Fage!
  • DonaGail
    DonaGail Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I just bought all of the blueberry and mango off the shelf at my grocery store! Its on sale..10 for $10, so I stock upsince I eat at least one a day. I LOVE the mango!!
  • dfranks43
    Options
    I also like the Fage and it does come in flavors. If eaten plain it is bitter but with the flavors (honey is my favorite) I love it.
  • aigo86
    aigo86 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I wasn't a fan of greek yogurt until I saw this amazingness on a GlitFit.

Scoop out some greek yogurt into a bowl.
    Sprinkle some Truvia (or any other natural sweetener) on top and stir it briskly until it becomes a more whipped consistency.
    You can also add some Agave Syrup if you would like (I love it!).
    Add some sliced up strawberries last and you have a yummy, healthy dessert!

I also eat it with a graham cracker crushed up (almost like pie crust)
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Homemade is best! Its really easy( crockpot easy). You can strain it as long as you want to get a ton of whey out which is the tanginess . I am not real fond of the tanginess. Anyway, You can find the recipe on www.crockpot365.blogspot.com. I have a hard time eating the store bought though I can eat the Oikos blueberry or Aldi brand blueberry.
    great response, exactly what came to mind when I saw this thread. Sooooooo much less costly!
    Here's another site for healthy homemade anything! If you want to go Green this is the site, if you want to healthify and give up the garbage also the place to be.
    http://heartlandrenaissance.com/2009/11/for-the-love-of-the-slow-cooker-week-yogurt/
  • msmindyf
    msmindyf Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    i love fage as well..usually the honey one..simple, yet satisfying. I do like the chobani, as well.
  • Calif_Girl67
    Calif_Girl67 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I Love Love Love Chobani and now that both Kroger and Walmart have them in all sorts of flavors I am happy.

Dannon is way too sweet for me, My fav Chobani is the Pomegranate,Rasberry,Pineapple and Strawberry. I finally
    convinced my mom that Chobani rocks now she is hooked on the Pineapple.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I wasn't a fan of greek yogurt until I saw this amazingness on a GlitFit.

Scoop out some greek yogurt into a bowl.
    Sprinkle some Truvia (or any other natural sweetener) on top and stir it briskly until it becomes a more whipped consistency.
    You can also add some Agave Syrup if you would like (I love it!).
    Add some sliced up strawberries last and you have a yummy, healthy dessert!

I also eat it with a graham cracker crushed up (almost like pie crust)

This is my summer dessert. (minus the gram crackers, I might throw a few almonds on top).

I actually like sugar in the raw since it adds a little fun crunch.
  • gorgeouss9
    Options
    I don't understand why Greek Yogurt is all the craze for the past few years.. it's definately a "love it" or "hate it" food.... I <3 my Dannon plain non-fat REGULAR yogurt.. If you want it less watery, just let it sit in a cheese cloth or coffee filter for an hour.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I adore chobani and have it every morning, but ever since I was young I couldn't stand the texture of fruit in yogurt. Blech! I have the vanilla every morning and it's my absolute favorite!
  • cmmattison
    cmmattison Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It depends totally on the one your try...Chobani honey, plain, and vanilla are not great. If I get these I add my own Cinnamon and granola and apple slices and I add all this to the yogurt. Make sure if you do the granola you do a good brand I do the Bare Naked brand. I LOVE the Strawberry Banana and the Mango, Pineapple is good if you pineapple but Im not a fan of that one.