Cals burned during "bootcamp"

Options
Just wondering if anyone has a general approximation of how many calories would be burned in an hour of bootcamp? I realize each bootcamp is different. I don't need or expect anything exact - I'm just wondering if it's going to be like 300 or like 900. I am just wondering how many extra calories I'm going to need for the day. I already added all my food to my diary for the day and am wondering if I'm good (other than waaaay too much sodium today).........more worried about overestimating what I burn and then consuming too much.

Replies

• Babrao
    Babrao Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I've heard boot camp, being one of the toughest workouts can burn prob 600-1000 depending on your weight and fitness level. Either way, it's going to be an amazing workout!! Good for you :)
  • caroldot
    caroldot Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    A friend & I do a bootcamp class together. Recently she wore her bodybugg and it said she burned somewhere around 600 calories. But she's very tiny and super great shape and was doing higher intensity level than me (heavier weights, higher steps). I weigh more than her and not quite as intense so I figured mine to be closer to 450-500 calories burned. Hope this helps!
    All I know is I'm completely drenched when I walk out of that room and love it!!!
  • abcwhite10
    abcwhite10 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies, that helps. I am a little intimidated to start but none the less, looking forward to it and the end results :)