Any SCUBA divers?

Options
ladybb7
ladybb7 Posts: 134 Member
Looking for fellow divers :)

Replies

• helmethair
    Options
    You've found one, BSAC advanced diver and open water instructor. I dont do inter-agency politics, I'll dive with anyone.
    Based in Essex.
    Regards
    Graham
  • ladybb7
    Options
    Hi Graham,
    I newer to diving, but loving it! I learned to dive here on Jeju Island, South Korea where I am working. I recently came back from a dive trip in Taiwan which was amazing! What's your favourite dive location?
  • helmethair
    Options
    for deep cold water diving it has to be Scapa Flow in Scotland where the German High Seas Fleet was scuttled at the end of WW1, Technically very challenging, but I've also dived in the Maldive Islands, which was lovely and warm, very colourful and very easy relaxed diving.
    One of the reasons I joined MFP was because if I dont loose some weight I'll have to buy a new dry suit ! I figure its cheaper to loose weight than buy a new dive suit ;o)
  • swilkie1961
    swilkie1961 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    PADI advance certified. Haven't been diving since I got pregnant with last child that was over 10 years ago. One of my goal is to go back get master certification and start diving again as soon as my son turns 10. He can be junior certified! This August!! All my children, 27, 25, 22 and husband are certified divers too. Back 2001, as my children were getting older and getting ready to start their independent lives, I wanted us to have common interest we can do together as we got older. So we got them certified. It was great till my last one came along and everything came to halt! :sad: I still haven't tried putting on my wet suit yet. I think I need to lose another 10 lbs before I even try! Welcome. Add me if you wish...
  • sbhulett
    sbhulett Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am newly PADI Certified and love it! Our first dive was in Hawaii, but we've only made it to Florida since then. We are hoping to have a few more adventures before we have kids! I love hearing everyone's favorite dive sites. I've never considered Scotland before, but that sounds amazing! I'd love to see the wreckage and make history come alive. I may need to gain a little experience first!

I agree with the wetsuit problem. I have yet to feel comfortable in one, which makes me refuse to buy my own. I would love to get to a size where I felt comfortable enough to buy one.
  • helmethair
    Options
    The UK is under-rated as a dive location but it has some fantastic sites on offer, its not very warm but on a good day you can get some real 'wow' moments, many years back I dived a submarine wreck, the 'M2' not far from what used to be HMS Osprey Naval base in Weymouth, the wreck is in 34 meters, weather conditions had been perfect all the previous week, I got 6 meters below the surface and could see the wreck on the bottom, fantastic dive.
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    PADI Open Water certified, haven't splashed in probably 6-7 years though. :sad:
  • kimmie185
    kimmie185 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I'm not a Scuba diver, but totally would love to learn and get certified. :) It's been a dream of mine....
  • Huskychemist
    Huskychemist Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    SSI-Certified, lots of dives in amazing locations. (Puget Sound, California, Caribbean, Belize, Thailand, Lembeh Straight, and others.) Neophyte underwater photographer, marine biology nerd, and addicted to diving, but not living in a diving-friendly place right now. (Bucharest, Romania)

I'd love to get in better shape so I can be a better swimmer underwater. I'm not a natural by any means.
  • josery1630
    josery1630 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Got certified last summer and dove in Mexico. Beautiful! Can't wait to get some more training and diving in! :)
  • LilMissFoodie
    LilMissFoodie Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I wish! I'm going to Iceland in March and they have a tour where you can get certified first then go but I think I will stick with snorkelling because they say it's a tough dive so not really sure it would be suitable for beginners!
  • plaid405
    plaid405 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Open water certified and seriously one of the main reasons I got on MFP was to get back into my wet suit. I can get in it now but I am pretty sure it's cutting off oxygen to some pretty important places. LOL!
  • gperry227
    Options
    NAUI certified....Havent dived since last spring in the Caymans... would love to have a dive buddy!!!!
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I just got PADI Open Water certified... going for advanced this summer!
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I am! PADI advanced and deep water certified with a propensity toward wreck diving. As soon as I lost enough to not look like a Tootsie Roll in a wetsuit, I got certified!
  • smrtcar
    smrtcar Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    PADI certified with dives in Aqaba Jordan, Playa Conchal Costa Rica, Cancun/Cozumel and Puerto Vallarta Mexico, Almunecar Spain, and Tobermory (Coldest dive for me ever!) and St Lawrence Canada.

Diving is part of my travels just as much as samlping the local culinary specialties.
  • scubagirl319
    scubagirl319 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    PADI Open Water, all dives have been in the Keys. Have not been diving in a few years but will be changing that this summer.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    I sink. Therefore I am.

NW diver here.
  • Rokwell
    Rokwell Posts: 143
    Options
    Diver here and now i am in the desert..lol. Boy i miss Okinawa and Guam.
  • ladybb7
    Options
    Diver here and now i am in the desert..lol. Boy i miss Okinawa and Guam.

When I was diving in Taiwan at Christmas I met another diver who is working in Okinawa. She dives every weekend there, got me curious about visiting.