Diet pills

Options
Has anyone tried any diet pills which have helped them lose weight, i am on a diet aswel. Or are they a waste of money

Replies

• Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    snake oil.

You're here on MFP that does work, give it accurate height, weight, gender... tell it how fast you want to lose weight (be realistic with your rate IE if you're within 30 lbs of your goal you probably shouldn't choose more than a pound a week and even half a pound may be more realistic)
    Get your calories, exercise, log it, eat your exercise calories and profit. No money required.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Waste of health.
  • charm_quark
    charm_quark Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    No, and I won't ever use them

I don't believe that they help and maybe they are dangerous for your health. You just need to eat right and be patient.
  • tnorth82
    tnorth82 Posts: 186
    Options
    Hi, I tried Adios a while back but it didn't help me, yet I know people took them and they were fab!

I hear people talking about P90x, what is that?
  • kimmie185
    kimmie185 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I've tried a few diet pills and I'm not longer a fan of them.
    I did Slimquick and lost 60 lbs, but as soon as I stopped taking them I gained 80 lbs. I did the Ally (or Alli) pills and those made me so sick! If you go on the internet and read the horror stories associated with that certain pill you will know why. :/

If you decide to take a diet pill do research on it first and make sure you understand all of the side effects involved and combine it with a good healthy diet and exercise. :flowerforyou:
  • natalie1994x
    Options
    p90x is a workout i think which comes with equipment but its expensive
  • Sandra82874
    Options
    They are a waste of time, money and effort. I know from experience I have tried them before and yea sure they work but when you stop taking them here comes the weight again. To lose weight you have to change your lifestyle and stick with it. Good luck
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Hi, I tried Adios a while back but it didn't help me, yet I know people took them and they were fab!

I hear people talking about P90x, what is that?
    P90x is the magic pill. Exercise. Its a workout program. I've never used it but I know a lot of people who have had great results. Insanity is another magic pill that works wonders! I take the generic Gym boot camp. Its working for me as well! Take half a pill of exercise, and half a pill of healthy eating and you will do great!!! Good luck!!
  • tnorth82
    tnorth82 Posts: 186
    Options
    ah I see - thanks!
  • audreanna76
    Options
    Don't waste your money. There are no magic pills out there to make you lose weight. Trust me! I've tried every single pill out there. Healthy eating and exercise ARE the magic pills.
  • tannerjared
    tannerjared Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    All diet pills are is poison. I don't think quick fixes work anyways or everyone would be skinny. its takes alot of counting and sweat to really get the body you want. P90X is a home workout system. I use it for my workout. Yes it is expensive as an upfront cost. BUT, It is cheaper than a year long gym membership, and you have p90x for as long as you take care of it.
  • mbethune34
    mbethune34 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    you can get discount p90x on craigslist !! I only paid 30 bucks
  • RockChick1984
    Options
    i have tried several before as a quick fix, only all of them but one was a waste of time... the only one that worked for me was metasys.. which is a green tea capsule, but as everyone says... its about changin your eating habbits and your mindset.. or the tablets in the end a waste of time too coz as soon as you stop them, the weight piles back on before you know
  • kstriler
    kstriler Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Fish oil is a natural supplement that can help with metabolism but the majority of weight loss pills are a waste of money and can casue major side effects!
  • mbroskey
    mbroskey Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Oxy Elite Pro is great..... but its true really execise and good eating it the way to go!
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    i did alli for a wile, and along with exsersize and diet it did help boost my weight loss, but i also got migranes from time to time with them. i have tryed a lot of other pills, suplamints, teas, ect to boost wieght loss and it was the only that helped and dint make me feel like my heart was about to pop out of my chest, or my guts where tieing them selve in knots. and after im done breastfeeding i plan on takeing it again at least until the migrains come back....lol
  • Maridelsol82
    Options
    I tried Alli because my doctor recommended it and I hated it. Had a really bad side effect. Kinda gave me the runs. Ive talked to other ppl who have tried it and they had the same effect. Plus its expensive, $60 bucks a bottle and I dont think it even helped. Like others have said I would just stick to healthy eating & exercise.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    IMO, taking diet pills is like smoking crack. It will get you skinny but do you really want to do all that damage to your body.

Diet pills are for lazy people who do not want to moderate their nutritional intake or exercise.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    You can put meth in capsuls..