How do you reward for little victories?

Options
I've heard that cheat days are horrible, so I've decided instead of a cheat day, I give myself a maintain day in which I get to eat enough food to maintain for that day. After eating 1000 calories less than my maintain goal, I figure it would feel like a cheat day, but wouldn't do any real harm. My wife has also promised 10 dollars a pound towards whatever I want to save up for at best buy. How do you reward yourselves?

Replies

• christinal83
    christinal83 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    New clothes!
  • christina721
    Options
    I like the $10 towards a big goal. I am doing something that I want every 5 lbs.

example:
    5lbs - new wallet
    10lbs - new running shoes

That way I can look for what I want and its a great reward. The big one will be for new clothes :o)
  • determined2lose89
    determined2lose89 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I hit the 10lbs mark 2 weeks ago. Last night I went out to my local accesory store and bought a few pairs of pretty earrings to spice up my newly slimmer face! I'm also planning on buying a HRM so I can fully meet my goals.

As for my final big reward....not sure!
  • trybefan
    trybefan Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Pat on the back, promise to keep pushing towrads my ultimate goal. New clothes is also a good reward
  • sullyboo
    sullyboo Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I know it sounds like a cliche .. But looking in the mirror and seeing the changes is a huge reward !!! And buying smaller clothes is always fab x
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I know I am boring, but I am just living life and enjoying the victories as they come. No reward system for me. I get what I need when I need it and I am happy to be more physically fit :)
  • mikki629
    Options
    I've got this little reward system laid out for myself

5lbs: New shoes
    10lbs: New Haircut or a manicure. Not sure yet.
    25lbs: 1/2 of the tat I want to get
    Entire 45lbs: Second half of my tat
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    When I reach 100lbs lost its going to be sex with a high class hooker, She is sooo hot! she has the sexiest adam's apple ever! :)
  • SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I am one of those people who was always puts my kids before myself and I'm always putting things off for "when I lose the weight". I'm starting to change my thought process a little bit. Instead of waiting for "whenever" I'm finding the importance in treating myself once in a while. Instead of celebrating with food I've gotten a mani/pedi (first time ever), bought a new watch, got my hair done (colored at a salon instead of buying a color kit from the pharmacy), bought movie tickets...etc... sometimes I let my daughter pick how we celebrate... my 13 year old has lost 15 pounds too
  • FitnessBarbie99
    FitnessBarbie99 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I am sooooo close to my first 5 lbs. Just a couple more ounces!

I need ideas too!

New work out outfit, new exercise video ?... maybe zumba for my wii!!!
  • sullyboo
    sullyboo Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I am one of those people who was always puts my kids before myself and I'm always putting things off for "when I lose the weight". I'm starting to change my thought process a little bit. Instead of waiting for "whenever" I'm finding the importance in treating myself once in a while. Instead of celebrating with food I've gotten a mani/pedi (first time ever), bought a new watch, got my hair done (colored at a salon instead of buying a color kit from the pharmacy), bought movie tickets...etc... sometimes I let my daughter pick how we celebrate... my 13 year old has lost 15 pounds too

I love that !! Such an amazing attitude .... No surprise you have done so well x
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    New clothes here as well. SInce I know i'll be losing inches around my back, I know at some point I'll need new bras. So I'm gonna revert back to my college days and buy cute bra and undie sets--that way my husband can enjoy my success as well;-)
  • iooprcntme
    Options
    manni pedi and tanning my rewards also new clothes of course lol
  • iooprcntme
    Options
    zumba for the wii is fun but so is just dance and trust me that game will make u sweat lol i also like buying new work out clothes it makes me wanna work out just so i can wear them lol
  • GMUPatriot
    Options
    When I reach 100lbs lost its going to be sex with a high class hooker, She is sooo hot! she has the sexiest adam's apple ever! :)

LMAO, May you always be stuck at 99!
  • _Kitten_Kate
    _Kitten_Kate Posts: 520 Member
    Options

LMAO, May you always be stuck at 99!

I wish there was a `like` button.
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I'm about to do this now... and have a frosted sugar cookie. :laugh:
  • _Kitten_Kate
    _Kitten_Kate Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I don't know what my reward will be yet. 6lbs down, 72 to go...
    Maybe a trip to the beach with the nicer bod.Maybe at the quarter marks.- I might do a day at the spa....
    New clothes will just be necessary at some point so, not sure that's a reward.
    I read a thing on pinterest that said...
    Don't reward yourself with food... you are not a dog.
    So, obviously it won't be food. But I may find someone tall and handsome to take me on a date....
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    10 - Being able to fit into my wetsuit, and being able to swim at the gym.
    20 - Going out to the clubs again.
    30 - New clothes. This will be a significant size drop to justify blowing the money.
    40 - Haven't really decided yet.
    50 - Side tattoo.
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    um well my happy times for rewards are usually at night in my bed hehehe but idk a nice way to burn a little more calories because I'd enjoy that rather than some type of eating treat.