Plain Greek Yogurt

Options
I've heard that It's really gross but sometimes I hear people like it. What are some good kinds, and what's your personal preference? I was thinking about trying it, but with added blueberry's or other fruit

Replies

• lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I buy the Fage 0% but I can't eat it completely plain. I buy the one that comes with Honey. It's 170 calories for a decent sized serving and its pretty delicious with the honey mixed in. It's nearly impossible to mix it completely so you still taste plain yogurt sometimes...but its not bad when its just once in awhile. I could never eat a full serving plain.
  • Mandys_Getting_Fit
    Mandys_Getting_Fit Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I eat the Oikos organic fat free plain greek yogurt. I stir fresh fruit into it.
  • Meliklotz
    Meliklotz Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    FAGE with any kind of fruit or honey is perfect!!
    I don't like Oikos.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I eat chobani plain. It tastes like cream cheese to me :D
  • nnapieralski
    nnapieralski Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I do not like "regular" yogurt, but LOVE greek yogurt. The Chobani Pomegranate is great!
  • vinylscratch
    vinylscratch Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    In my opinion plain greek yogurt makes a way better savory food, like with garlic for a sauce :)
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I tried it yesterday with blueberries and strawberries mixed in but I still had to add a bit of honey. It's so good for the protein count but it's not something I could eat plain.

Oh, and I bought Fage brand.
  • NicoWoodruff
    NicoWoodruff Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I've liked using it in place of sour cream in veggie/meat wraps in the past, Chobani brand is the one I've used.
  • lavlei
    lavlei Posts: 26
    Options
    IVE HEARD IT TASTES LIKE SOUR CREAM...IM INTERESTED TO READ WHAT OTHERS HAVE TO SAY
  • KXanthos
    KXanthos Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I like all of the Fage Total 0 flavors. With the exception of the honey flavored one, they all range from 120 to 130 calories. I also like the plain, but usually add fresh blackberries or blueberries to it.
  • kappy_hollowell
    Options
    I like any kind of plain greek yogurt. They are all pretty much alike maybe just a little difference in consistency. Yesterday, i added pomegranate seeds and a Tbspn of Honey and it was delicious! You can also add some granola or any kind of fresh fruit! Just be careful with Granola, it can be costly in the calorie catagory!

BTW, I just finished my afternoon snack of Plain Greek Yogurt. Plain. Nothign added. LOVE IT!

At lunch I had soup and a cup of greek plain yogrt. I'd dip my spoon in yogurt then in the soup. Kinda like a sour cream!
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I use greek gods brand. its got this nice sour taste to it, its super creamy and goes well with fruit.

add a table spoon of your favorite jam and some fruite as well :D

also greek yogurt is great for making chicken salad with (good for sandwiches) or even as a replacement for mayo.
    i use half light mayo and half greek yogurt on things to keep the fat down. :D
  • sarahstoltman
    Options
    I get chobani and put two packets of spenda in it and it tastes great to me... without the splenda or some fruit I cant touch it lol
  • kappy_hollowell
    Options
    In my opinion plain greek yogurt makes a way better savory food, like with garlic for a sauce :)

Great!!!! I love this! So good savory!
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    The best greek yogurt I've ever had is the full fat kind from Trader Joes. With a touch of honey it's glorious.

Plain greek yogurt is really good as a sour cream substitute and it's a really good way to make cheesecake healthier :)
  • KimAggie04
    KimAggie04 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I love Fage 0%. It is not like normal yogurt, but I think that's a good thing. It is very creamy and delicious. I either buy the strawberry and blueberry varieties or add a little honey.

I tried the "Greek" brand before and couldn't even finish it.
  • livingaloha
    Options
    I like Fage with sugar free jam mixed in for flavor. Tastes great and has alot less sugar than flavored varities. Also like it in place of using sour cream, or with chili sauce mixed in for a great dip for chicken
  • Brookelee30
    Options
    Chobani brand has a ton of flavors out there. Just mix them really well and they are great!!
  • MrsRawwwr
    MrsRawwwr Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I will add a packet of stevia and some strawberry extract to mine. Any kind of extract works well, but it gets expensive. What I save on carbs is worth it though!
  • lscott62
    lscott62 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Chobani and Fage are good. Yoplait for plain or honey. Sometimes for a treat at night (and high protein for that!) I mix cocoa powder and honey with plain. It reminds me of ice cream. Greek Yogurt has way more protein than the regular yogurts. Another
    way to use it is with chili powder, lime juice, and honey, mix well for salad dressing or Vegie Dip. Watch the chili powder amount! :)