I need my coffee...

Options

Replies

• chopsticks
    chopsticks Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    just for the record, today is my first cup of 1 tsp. sugar and 1 tsp non dairy creamer....this cup of coffee sucks, i hopse it doesn't take long to get use to.:angry:
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I love my coffee as well - cannot live without it! I have about three 6-8oz cups as well.

I use only one teaspoon of dry coffee cream and 2 sweet n low sweeteners in each cup. 19 calories total. Does not intefere at all or put me over on my daily allowance. 3 cups total almost 60 calories for the day.

Hey I love the flavored creamers, etc but I know I am on a mission so I am sacrificing without actually giving up the coffee.

Try sweeteners which are zero calories and try with a teaspoon or two of cream and only 6 ounces at a time instead of 16oz at a time.
  • tonya1mt
    tonya1mt Posts: 16
    Options
    You really can change your taste. I would have never had black coffee or tea without ANY additives before. I now drink my coffee and tea unadulterated.:drinker: I also used to be a salt-aholic. I now can't stand salt. I buy canned veggies that are "no salt added". My husband has to add salt.:wink: I am trying to train my kids to try to eat foods that are not "flavored" with not-so-good-for-you stuff, and I grow my own herbs for "healthy" flavoring. I grew up on Southern Home cooking with loads of butter, salt, fat, etc. It was very hard to to "retrain" my eating habits, but slowly but surely I've over come that. Heck, I will even eat broccoli now.:laugh:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    just for the record, today is my first cup of 1 tsp. sugar and 1 tsp non dairy creamer....this cup of coffee sucks, i hopse it doesn't take long to get use to.:angry:

See-- now this I think is silly-- no offense intended--

enjoy your coffee, for goodness sake-- and take an extra walk around the block--

I measure a tablespoon of French vanilla creamer-- sometimes plain half and half if I don't have it-- I'm not ever going to do without-- and I count it into my daily calories--

You can find a way to enjoy it and work it into your new routine--

But, oh my-- for the love of man, don't suffer through crap.
  • GIBride01
    GIBride01 Posts: 328 Member
    Options

But, oh my-- for the love of man, don't suffer through crap.

Amen. It kills me to see people force themselves to eat or drink something because it is "healthy" or "good for you". It you hate it, don't drink it that way for the love of pete,,,why force yourself to drink something you dislike? Coffee is a non issue for me, if it means an extra mile or two per week to have my LARGE cup of coffee with creamer every morning, so be it, but I'm gonna have it...and have managed to lose the weight I wanted to in the process. I also have a child that thinks the crack of dawn is a peachy time to get up...believe me, everyone wants me to have that coffee each am.
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I agree, with pp, why suffer through stuff you don't like, everything is good in moderation, you think i'm going to give up my 2 morning teas( my family would all be dead by now if i did...lol) or my evening wine( not that i have it everyday)????? NOPE!! I just factor it into my daily calories and if i go over i just work out more the next day to make up for it

Good Luck!
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    you might also try the sugar free syrups, and i like skim milk in my coffee. The other thought is, are you drinking GOOD coffee, or yucky, like folgers? (ok, don't slam me for dissing folgers. ) that makes a HUGE difference. look for arabica beans, they are the smoothest/.
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Suck it up........LMAO

You know darned well if you put your mind to it that you will succeed!

It takes about 2 weeks to get used to something new.
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Suck it up........LMAO

two weeks? it's been over a decade with my "new" husband, still ain't used to him :laugh:
  • BxMom
    BxMom Posts: 363
    Options
    I need my coffee as well so I use Sugar Free creamer and Truvia sugar..
  • marm1962
    Options
    Suck it up........LMAO

two weeks? it's been over a decade with my "new" husband, still ain't used to him :laugh:

Too Funny.

My daughter is going to be on the phone to me as soon as she reads what I wrote.....lol
  • chopsticks
    Options
    Suck it up........LMAO

That's your advice mom...suck it up? :angry: Real nice, now tell all the nice ppl here how you drink your coffee and how you drank it before you lost weight for your wedding.lol:bigsmile: And you bet i would have called ya, but it's 10:30pm your time, I like my coffee but i like to breath too:flowerforyou: .
  • marm1962
    Options
    :laugh: I used to drink my coffee with 2 sugars (usually heaping) and apparently more creamer than recommended, I also drank (no exaggeration) about 20 cups a day, always had a cup of coffee in my hand. :drinker: However, for 2 years now I have been drinking my coffee with no sugar, but I still use about 3 teaspoons of creamer, and I'm down to 4 to 6 cups a day. :tongue: :bigsmile:
  • marm1962
    Options
    PS: That's why I know she can do it......:happy:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I have GREATLY reduced my creamer usage to only 5 tbsp per cup o' Joe. :noway:
    Yes, that is the reduced count.
    Using International Delight Sugar Free French Vanilla creamer, that still totals 100 cals in creamer, about 5 cals in the coffee.
    It's my daily splurge.
    You can pry my coffee outta my cold dead hands, thank you very much. :wink:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Ok...I have two young kids that always get me up before i'm ready so it usually takes me two or three cups of coffee to get "functional", but the added cals from the creamer and the sugar are putting me over my cal limit.

Maybe you can force yourself to chug 16oz of water before the cup of coffee. It would help wake you up, make you fuller, and might lead to less coffee? Just a thought. I do this with sodas... I can have the soda but only if I drink X amount of water before hand.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I use fat free half and half and splenda....
  • kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    Options
    Morning,
    I'm still drinking my coffee......:drinker: It's still black... but I'm on cup #3, and I probably won't stop until the pot is empty this afternoon.:drinker:
    at least I no longer have the 1/2 pack of cigaretts with it.:laugh:
    I think I'll be OK......lol
  • chopsticks
    Options
    Hello! I'm still doing one sugar one creamer....getting use to the taste. Only a cup and 1/2 this morning.
  • ndiamond
    ndiamond Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I use a splash of Italian Sweet Cream from Coffee Mate in my coffee.

Try switching to Green Tea. When I had to give up coffee due to UTI, I replaced with Green Tea and it does the same thing. And it's good for you. It's a psychological thing - you may just want a warm liquid in your favorite cup :happy: