do you shower at the gym?

Options

Replies

• CourteneyLove
    CourteneyLove Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    i do, because the people i live with complained about our high water bill once.
  • CLotfy
    CLotfy Posts: 31
    Options
    I always showered at the gym when I was a teen/early 20's. Now I've got 2 kids and if I'm at the gym that means I'm also paying a babysitter to be at my house while I workout, so I am in and out fast and can just shower at home.
  • a_poese
    Options
    I shower at the gym. If you don't shower, your pores are much more likely to get clogged. You should wash your face for sure.
  • cjpg
    cjpg Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Well I workout at the gym during my lunch break and am usually EXTREMELY sweaty by the end of it.
    I need to look my "usual respectable self" so I don't have the option.

If I DID have the option, I probably would anyway.
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    Yes!!!! Everytime!!!! No butt funk is sitting in my ride!
  • martyv73
    martyv73 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    i work out at my gym at work, so i shower every time because i don't like to put my coat on all icky either :)
  • scatgash
    scatgash Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I live about a half an hour walk from my gym so I'd rather walk home sweaty and shower in the privacy of my own home :')
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    i go to the gym twice a day and shower both times but i see some ppl mostly women, storm a workout then just get changed and leave. i just could't do it i hate that feeling and to be honest how i smell after a workout i dont get how some ppl can leave minus a shower but get that some people may be nervous or prefer showering at home, especially women

It's called putting on Deodorant... Tends to take care of the smelly-ness pretty well I find.

When I workout, I'm generally coming from work... so I go home, grab my stuff and go... and then I either go home right away and shower or go grab something to eat and then shower when I get home.

I don't really sweat that much anyway when I workout.. and if I do, then my deodorant is enough to mask any odor.
  • dancing_cat
    dancing_cat Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Always! In fact I take most of my showers at the gym - saves me lots of money on heating hot water and using electricity for the hairdryer at home too! I normally go before work and the thought of saving money on my energy bills works as an extra incentive on dark winter mornings! I haven't calculated how much I save per visit but it all counts, right?
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    No, I go home to shower.
  • Saxmis
    Saxmis Posts: 84
    Options
    I live 2 minutes from the gym and my gym/pool only has open group showers (aka a quick shower in your swim gear after you're done) so I just go home in my gym gear and then get a shower and changed at home.

I think even if my gym had individual showers I would feel too uncomfortable to shower there and would still prefer to go home.
  • anasf139
    anasf139 Posts: 101
    Options
    Depends on how busy the gym and changing rooms are. Usually shower at home though
  • Chowder_17
    Chowder_17 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Since my gym is on base and I work on base, I'll shower if I hit up the gym prior to work. If after work, I head home and shower there.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    just cause I'm curious....I shower at the gym, 6 days a week (more than I shower at home. When I'm done working out I'm all sweaty and yucky....don't want to put my coat on. And when I get home there is always people who want my attention.

Other than the swimmers, I seem to be the only one who showers...just wondering if it's just me or do others shower at the gym.
    When the chips are down, I'll do whatever, but as a rule, NOPE!

I was in the USMC, so having survived showering with all those nasty guy bodies, I figured I've paid my dues in that department.
  • NanP135
    NanP135 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I always use the showers, saves on my water bill at home and I find it relaxing before I go back outside
  • No. The showers in my gym don't look particularly appealing. I only live ten minutes walk away so I walk home and shower in the privacy of my own house, which is much nicer :)
  • dancing_cat
    dancing_cat Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    i go to the gym twice a day and shower both times but i see some ppl mostly women, storm a workout then just get changed and leave. i just could't do it i hate that feeling and to be honest how i smell after a workout i dont get how some ppl can leave minus a shower but get that some people may be nervous or prefer showering at home, especially women

It's called putting on Deodorant... Tends to take care of the smelly-ness pretty well I find.

When I workout, I'm generally coming from work... so I go home, grab my stuff and go... and then I either go home right away and shower or go grab something to eat and then shower when I get home.

I don't really sweat that much anyway when I workout.. and if I do, then my deodorant is enough to mask any odor.

Deodorant doesn't work for everyone - depends on how much an individual persires and the intensity of their workout. I sweat loads unless I'm only doing weight training (even doing that I get a bit warm) and deodrant can't completely mask my level of persisration and likely odour after a cardio workout. My entire back, chest and mid section as well as my hair frequently end up drenched even after only 30 mins cardio.
  • mimaduck83
    mimaduck83 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I shower at home in the morning, when I run at work I have a shower at work. Note to self: Remember to LOCK the shower room door when in the shower...stupid woman!
  • catfish9
    catfish9 Posts: 138
    Options
    I shower at the gym, too. My girlfriend and I almost always workout together. We only have one bathroom at home, so when we shower at home, someone winds up having to wait. The gym has 5 or 6 shower stalls, so if we do it there, we don't have to take turns. It's also nice not to hear my mom complain about the water bill. :)
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    I work out during my lunch break, so definitely have to shower before I head back to work. If I go to the gym on the weekend or after work I'll usually go home.

I hate washing my hair at the gym, so usually do that at home in the evenings.