Is Jillian Micheals 30 shred for Men?

Options
I Just started 30 shred last tuesday and I wanted to know if any Guys have done this or have had any success with it? I just finished my 2nd round of insanity on Monday and I would also like to know has anyone that has done insanity ever cycle off to do something else?

* This is Just for the record of what my workouts are like during the day
-morning workout b4 breakfast
*insanity or JM30DS/ follewed by 2-3mile jog
-Afternoon workout
*1-2mile jog after lunch or right b4
-evening workout
*p90x strength training M, W, F/
*Cardio training T, TH, Sat

By the way this is my first post so bring all the information you would like for me to know
Thanks

Replies

• nelnova
    nelnova Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Any Feedback on this subject would be Great!
  • ursula0601k
    ursula0601k Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • eml48341
    eml48341 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I am no expert, but I am pretty sure the 30 Day Shred will work for men too. It is a circuit program that can be as difficult as you make it. Use heavier weights, do the full pushups and follow the girl doing the higher difficulty level moves. I have not done insanity so I can't comment on that, but the 30day shred would work if you want something different. Again, this is just my opinion :smile:
  • rsmithy89
    rsmithy89 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    It will work for men but a more complex resistance training workout regime is suited for men. You will get better results that way.
  • meanface1
    meanface1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am no expert, but it seems like you are overdoing it a bit on the cardio.
  • gdc1979
    gdc1979 Posts: 22
    Options
    it will be of benefit to toning up and losing inches, depending on your fitness levels and if you need to adapt some of the exercises. I have been using it with increased weights for most of the exercises. and i mostly use it as an add on to my daily work-out.
  • nelnova
    nelnova Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I am no expert, but it seems like you are overdoing it a bit on the cardio.

I understand why you may think that but its different levels of cardio, at different times of the day...I'm a runner so I sometimes like to throw in an extra run in the morning or afternoon...its only 25-35 minutes 400- 600 calories at best...and it helps me wake up in the morning its like coffee...but i dont drink coffee..lol idk
  • shmunster
    shmunster Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    My husbands been doing it with me, with heavier weights, and he's getting some good results