June 2009 Challenge: Week 1

Options
Week 1 Challenge: The Walking Challenge

Any form of walking you can do will count as long as your heartrate is up and you are working hard. Taking a stroll through the mall and stopping every few feet will not count! It has to be a concerted effort!

Log in your daily minutes and weigh in on Friday! Keep tabs on yourself and track your progress!

Work hard! Stay Strong!

Replies

• tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Starting Monday im off walking!!! Great Challenge Amannisto crossing my fingers that i will see results on friday!
  • leann_m_olson
    leann_m_olson Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Hope you don't mind I'm going to run instead of walk
  • LoveDollie
    LoveDollie Posts: 23
    Options
    Walking is great!!! Although, I just got my X-Box up and running. DDR is a fantastic workout!

Thanks,
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    THis is a great challenge, but waliking is on the no-no list for me. Mind if I change mine to yoga?? I'll still log all my minutes here.
  • sbjg2430
    sbjg2430 Posts: 19
    Options
    fantastic....i love walking in my neighborhood. I've been slacking recently though b/c of all the crappy weather we've been having. I think it's supposed to be nice all week so hopefully i can get my butt in gear!
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I am going to visit my grandmother today who lives by a huge lake for me to jog around, gonna take some pictures too! :)
  • abagwill
    abagwill Posts: 222
    Options
    Hope you don't mind I'm going to run instead of walk
    nope not at all!! GOOD JOB! :heart:
  • abagwill
    Options
    THis is a great challenge, but waliking is on the no-no list for me. Mind if I change mine to yoga?? I'll still log all my minutes here.

Of course... if it is not healthful for you to do it modify however you wish! Anything is good so yes, definately log your minutes of yoga! That sounds so nice right now!
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Started today, 50 minutes to work today :-D Live in seattle so the hills were fun!
  • abagwill
    Options
    In my rush to get out the door this morning, I forgot my gym clothes so I will have to head home before hittin the gym!
  • tammietifanie
    Options
    Im hoping to get a good walk in tonight once my BF gets home since our little one has a ear infection i can't take him with me during the day... Is anyone just doing counting steps instead of minutes? Im always running around doing errands and i normally get around 6,000 to 9,000 steps in per day so i was wondering if that counts as a walk since it's not a straight 30 minutes its just all day walking around and getting household chores done...
  • sehhand
    sehhand Posts: 9
    Options
    Started today, 50 minutes to work today :-D Live in seattle so the hills were fun!

WOW that is impressive. I lived in Seattle those hills are killers. Congrats.
  • jngramus
    jngramus Posts: 1
    Options
    my wife and i will start today
  • jdp21
    jdp21 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Okay, I totally screwed up the May challenge, so now that I'm here for the beginning of this challenge. And I'm going to do it. :-) I'm gonna go for a walk in the park later!
  • abagwill
    Options
    WHERE IS EVERYONE?!

This is week one and we should be working hard! I started a new job at the local university here and I LOVE that I can walk everywhere I need to go! I want to get a heart rate monitor to track my progress and may wear a pedometer to see how many more steps I am taking each day.

Remember, the more you log into this thread, the more successful you can be! Utilize it for the support! If you are having difficulties, jump on and it will definately help motivate you more :-)

Now get to walkin!

Tip of the day: If you find that you get bored throwing all of your walking time into one, break it up go on 3 ten minute walks or 6 ten minute walks throughout the day :-) Remember to make a conserted effort!
  • Smiley1010
    Smiley1010 Posts: 82
    Options
    I'm here... just a day late! Walking huh? I can handle that. :wink:
  • leann_m_olson
    leann_m_olson Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I ran 2 miles this morning and then swam 500 yards breast stroke. Ran another 2.5 miles this afternoon. Had so many exercise calories i can't eat them all. :smile:
  • tammietifanie
    Options
    Im so bummed i haven't been able to get out walking yet!!! I did get to wal-mart yesterday and tried to walk around the store as much as i could be fore my son started screaming again... having a sick baby makes it hard to leave the house so im crossing my fingers that i will get out soon!!!
  • Ahmee2034
    Ahmee2034 Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm in! I've been slacking this week. My son's TV broke so I gave him mine in my workout room. I hate not having it to workout. No DVD to do Pilates! I'm gonna try the music thing again!

AARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!:grumble:
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    Hey folks!!!
    I've been riding my bike this week!! I've got some good minutes in so far, I'll keep it up and let you know totals tomorrow. Take care and good luck!!!!