belly fat

Options
Ever since I had my little girl I seem to hold alot of my weight in my belly. I had my little boy 18 months ago and really started working out and trying to lose the weight I have gained from kids. I have done pretty good so far.. however I still look like I am 4 months preg. How do I get rid of belly fat? My friends slimmed down so well after theirs, me I still look preg :(..
Any tips would be great !!! Thanks in advance

Replies

• missfluffyuk
    Options
    The only way to lose belly fat is to lower your overall body fat. You can't spot target fat loss.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    eat less
  • TiffaniBarrett
    TiffaniBarrett Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Eating less is not necessarily the right thing to go by.

mussfluffyuk is right - you unfortuantely can't spot reduce - so cardio classes, with some weight training will lower your overall body fat and you will see results :D
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    maybe try a post pregnancy DVD where they focus on that area?

Tracy Anderson does one its mainly floor exercises and she was apparently 60lbs.. you wouldn't think so seeing her in the video! she was shakira and gwyneth paltrows personal trainer too and neither of those look like they ever been pregnant!

I haven't been pregnant but it got such good reviews and also from women who used it to tone tummy (who hadn't been pregnant) so I got it to try as it's also my problem area and cos its mainly floor based exercises.
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. Each persons body is different, some people can slim down just fine after pregnancy, others can't.
  • ashleydeane
    ashleydeane Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    thanks i will look for her dvd!
  • angieisslim4ever
    Options
    try simple exercise , it's like walking fast or jogging for 30 minute everyday... it works on me :):smooched:
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    The only way to lose belly fat is to lower your overall body fat. You can't spot target fat loss.

This! Not sure what kind of exercise you are doing, but I found that running really helped my belly slim down. It's not perfectly flat yet...but I am getting there. Also, how are your eating habits? If you are eating a fair amount of processed or sugary foods that might be part of the problem!
  • KaiteeKarrot
    Options
    Protein. Lots and lots of protein. Women tend to shy away from protein because they think it's going to make them 'bulk up' but really if you are working out quite a bit, it's helping to shape your body around your mucles and tone them even more. The more protein you eat, the more fat you will burn. I'm 160 lbs so I eat 80 grams of protein. The amount my kickboxing weightloss group reccomends is roughly half whatever your body weight is.
  • ashleydeane
    ashleydeane Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I wish I was able to run :( I don't have a place to work out that is not 30 miles away....and its below 0 here so fo now I do jillian michaels 30 DS
  • Enchantedpoetess
    Options
    Running does it for me too, and so does 5 to 10 Sun Salutations a day.
  • leopardvice
    Options
    ashleydeane you are not alone!!!
    bump and good luck
  • Dkittery
    Options
    The belly fat is the last part of the body to get rid of, so don't give up, cardio and diet is key for this. I had this problem myself, It's three years of workout and I'm just starting to like what my stomach looks like, I actually retain all my water there, now that's tough one.
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem! My daughter is 18.5months and I still have a pooch!!! I am 5'5 and 128 lbs! I don't know how much more I would need to lose to eliminate it! I was 125 a few months ago and It was still there! grrrr

I forgot to add,, I am a very active person, I do a lot of ab exercises and go to the gym 3x a week plus I do at home DVDs 5days a week. hmmm
  • beachdiva2010
    beachdiva2010 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Try Turbo Jam or Turbo Fire DVD's. I use Turbo Jam; started on 12/6 and have lost over 10 inches so far! Cardio kickboxing is great for an all over workout!!

Good luck!!
  • queen_bea
    queen_bea Posts: 118
    Options
    Protein. Lots and lots of protein. Women tend to shy away from protein because they think it's going to make them 'bulk up' but really if you are working out quite a bit, it's helping to shape your body around your mucles and tone them even more. The more protein you eat, the more fat you will burn. I'm 160 lbs so I eat 80 grams of protein. The amount my kickboxing weightloss group reccomends is roughly half whatever your body weight is.

I'm studying at the moment to be a personal trainer, and this is what i've been learning;
    protein only works if you're burning it off. Excess protein is stored as - guess what? - fat.
    When you are exercising, your body uses the your food for fuel in this order: Carbohydrates then Proteins then fats. The guidelines (in australia) for protein consumption is 0.8 - 1.6 grams per kilogram of body weight. Eg. I am 67kg, which means i should be eating about 56grams of protein per day.
    Protein is also good to eat after resistance training, it helps to repair the muscles. notice i said repair and not build. It would take alot of hypertrophy training to bulk up, and it is a common myth that women bulk up soo easily by doing resistance training and eating protein,
    but be careful with excess protein, because just like excess fat and excess carbs, it gets stored as fat. It's like filling an empty bucket with water. once it's full, and you keep filling... where does the water go?