Jobs. What do you do?

Options

Replies

• stephlake
    stephlake Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Emergency Communications Officer :smile: Campaign Manager. Mom of four. Wife to one.

Sometimes I wear a cape. :glasses:
  • sales rep...It can get boring and you struggle not to put something in your mouth.
  • sd101483
    sd101483 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    RN Care Manager (RN CM) - sometimes @ my desk, sometimes out @ member's homes, but a whole lot of sitting - at desk, in car, at home visits, etc.

Transitioning in two weeks to RN Clinician 2 for Department of Corrections...Yup, I'm gonna be a prison *****...er, nurse... - I assume I'll get a little more moving around in here! (and a whole lot more moola! - lol) :)
  • letsloseit17
    Options
    I am a university student, and work retail. I do lots of homework, and do not work a lot of hours, find myself sitting around eating because I am bored....not good.
  • skinnyma1974
    Options
    I am a medical assistant. Majority of my day is spent at my desk answering phones and tasks that the doctors send to us.
  • NordenJenn
    Options
    Personal Banker...not a 9-5 job....more like 8:30-7
  • enigrebua
    enigrebua Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I've just gotten a new job working at a Solicitors (Lawyers) office doing Accounting and Finance. Hopefully I'll settle in quickly cause it's a nice small team. Hoping the routine will help my weightloss as well as I've been out of work for a couple of months.

My ideal job though would be working with chimpanzees/gorillas/sloths in a wildlife sanctuary so I'm hoping to be using this desk job to fund part time degree study in animal welfare/wildlife conservation.
  • MamaChunk
    MamaChunk Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have a home office, so I am sitting a lot, but I also have my 1 year old home with me. The office is right off of the kitchen, so it's hard not to get tempted.
  • jennilovesryan
    Options
    i'm a domestic engineer specializing in the feeding and watering of small living creatures.
  • RoboLikes
    RoboLikes Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I'm in purchasing for a cosmetics company - 95% desk job
  • nalliebell
    nalliebell Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    desk job but SUPER flexible schedule, so I always make time for a workout even if I don't make it to work :-) lol
  • enigrebua
    enigrebua Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Background extra, and starting my internship for embalming after this semester.

Wow, interesting! An ex boyfriend of mine went off to train in something similar. Is it going to be funeral based or more medical based?
  • glassgallm
    glassgallm Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    former preschool teacher, now part-time scuba instructor....in Illinois!:laugh:
  • MasonMelissa
    MasonMelissa Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I am a cook and my schedule rotates. One week days and one week afternoons and my eating schedule is never the same plus I also taste food at work and that does not help weight.
  • CateLouise
    CateLouise Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    full time nursing/midwifery student plus i work part time as well......gonna be no me time when uni starts again =[
  • CodyAsh
    CodyAsh Posts: 11
    Options
    Relief manager in architectural coatings industry. Constantly on my feet for 10-11 hours per day and lifting gallons/five gallong pails of paint everyday. Can be a decent workout at times.
  • TerynAshley
    TerynAshley Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    im a paralegal.im at my desk 8 hrs a day plus 1 hr. travel time.then i come home to my kids.
  • ImpressarioArete
    ImpressarioArete Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Human Resources Rep. Lots of desk time.
  • mrsdixon814
    mrsdixon814 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am a surgical receptionist at an ambulatory surgery center and I spend half the day on my feet, signing patients in,bringing them to pre-op areas and running all over. The other half is spent sitting either scheduling or preparing charts. More movement than most desk jobs, I think, but definitely not constantly active.
  • keggreen
    Options
    Nephrology Clinician. On my feet 9-12 hours a shift, 3 to 4 shifts a week. I wear a pedometer to track my distance walked and calories burned:)