Running in the rain?

Options
It's been such great weather here in California that I haven't had to worry about running in the rain...until this week. What do you guys wear running when it's raining? It'll be low to mid-50s, so not too chilly. For a non-rainy day I generally wear running capris, a short sleeved technical shirt and a half-zip if it's cold.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Replies

• KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    There is some new running clothing that is good in the rain. I saw it at Sports Authority on Monday. Very nice stuff. I can't remember if it was nike or under armour but it was very nice.
  • EliseEternity025427
    Options
    Running in the rain can actually be a godsend. Your body wont heat up as much, and despite popular stupid belief. You cannot catch a cold from being in the rain (as they are only caught via viral infection from another host). I would wear your everyday running shoes, but get a waterproofing spary to ensure that your feel stay as dry and confortable as possible. Wear long sleeved cloths that are moisture wicking and quick drying. Chap up your lips untill they are completly covered, as rain, cool air and long periods of exposure will seriously damage your skin leading to cracks and or windburn.
  • WildflowerAL
    WildflowerAL Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    For temps in the 50's-I wear shorts, short sleeve shirt, I might put on a light running jacket (make sure it is well vented) and a cap--to keep the water out of my eyes. Running in the rain is a lot of fun!
  • ryanherbert
    ryanherbert Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    If it ain't raining it ain't training
  • Bringerofrain
    Bringerofrain Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Running in the rain is awesome! Everything smells so fresh & clean :happy: Even in down pours it's fun! You would need a Light weight well vented water proof or Water resistant shell, light layers underneath. A nice waterproof cap is a good idea too. I usually wear UA tights when I run & am not concerned too much with legs & lower body getting wet as they generate a lot of heat so any moisture evaporates quickly. As for shoes, water repellant is a good idea also.
    Have a fun run in the rain!:smile:
  • JeffJohnson26
    JeffJohnson26 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I live in Ohio and run year-round, whether it's raining or snowing. I wear Under Armour compression pants and long sleeve shirt. They also make socks designed to trap heat. I usually wear Nike basketball shorts over top with a t-shirt or hoodie. You can get it all at ****'s Sporting Goods.

Plus, the Adidas Kanadias are awesome, as they are designed for cold temperature running. I wore them through Tough Mudder last November and now they're the shoe I prefer to train in.