Am I REALLY supposed to eat my workout calories?

Options
13»

Replies

• SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    OK so I know I came late to this, but 18 lbs in 6 weeks? Sorry sweetie, but probably ain't gonna happen, that's a 3 lb a week deficit, and even for someone who is obese, that's a tough row. Now I don't know where you are in your weight loss, but I would probably shoot for a more reachable goal then that. Like maybe 9 lbs or so, which would be a pound and a half a week. Just my HO! Good luck.

Well, I appreciate your attempt to have a realistic attitude which is always important however I now need to lose 16 lbs in 5 weeks and 6 days. I am working hard, staying positive and working out so if you don't mine, I will continue to stay positive, push myself and work towards that goal!

16 lbs in less than 6 weeks! I can do it!!!!!!!!!! Don't you guys out there think I can??????????

It's not about a positive attitude, it's not really considered a healthy amount of weight to lose for someone who doesn't have a ton to lose. Just my HO though (Humble Opinion). I applaude your attitude, and appreciate your desire, but I personally think goals should be reachable, that's all I'm saying.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    OK so I know I came late to this, but 18 lbs in 6 weeks? Sorry sweetie, but probably ain't gonna happen, that's a 3 lb a week deficit, and even for someone who is obese, that's a tough row. Now I don't know where you are in your weight loss, but I would probably shoot for a more reachable goal then that. Like maybe 9 lbs or so, which would be a pound and a half a week. Just my HO! Good luck.

Well, I appreciate your attempt to have a realistic attitude which is always important however I now need to lose 16 lbs in 5 weeks and 6 days. I am working hard, staying positive and working out so if you don't mine, I will continue to stay positive, push myself and work towards that goal!

16 lbs in less than 6 weeks! I can do it!!!!!!!!!! Don't you guys out there think I can??????????

It's not about a positive attitude, it's not really considered a healthy amount of weight to lose for someone who doesn't have a ton to lose. Just my HO though (Humble Opinion). I applaude your attitude, and appreciate your desire, but I personally think goals should be reachable, that's all I'm saying.

ya, banks/boss isn't picking on you, he's just being honest and I agree with him. Setting goals is a great way to hold yourself accountable but if your goals are unrealistic (ie- more than 2 lbs lost per week) you' setting yourself up for disappointment, which can result in overall failure, which nobody wants to see happen!

Have I seen people lose more than 2 lbs in a single week? YES. Have I seen it done consistently for for several consequtive weeks? no.

So while you might reach your goal anyway, simply by a fluke, it still makes sense to set reasonable goals and possibly impress yourself by surpassing them.
  • amysol
    amysol Posts: 83 Member
    Options

Well, as you know, most people can lose 4-8 pounds their first week, here I am on day 3 and I have lost 4 pounds so far. I have 14 pounds to lose in 5 weeks and 5 days. I don't think it's unrealistic. I think I made a very realisic "push" goal. A goal that won't be easy to obtain, but it's possible!

I am still going to go for it! :-)

14 pounds in 5 weeks and 5 days.....I can do this!
  • cardigirl
    cardigirl Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Who loses 4 to 8 lbs in a week? Seriously? I would think, unless you're very seriously overweight, that all you are losing in that week is water weight.

I don't want to discourage you, but why such a focus on a particular date? And what happens after that date? Are you going to stop the extreme dieting?
  • elle77
    elle77 Posts: 150 Member
    Options

Well, as you know, most people can lose 4-8 pounds their first week, here I am on day 3 and I have lost 4 pounds so far. I have 14 pounds to lose in 5 weeks and 5 days. I don't think it's unrealistic. I think I made a very realisic "push" goal. A goal that won't be easy to obtain, but it's possible!

I am still going to go for it! :-)

14 pounds in 5 weeks and 5 days.....I can do this!

Hey girl......Keep it up! Just don't give up after that goal date! The important thing is to remember it's a lifestyle change. I totally get that we have certain events we want to look good at,lol. :wink: The weight loss will eventually slow down, but keep on going!:flowerforyou: You can do it! :smile:
  • amysol
    Options
    I have 52 pounds more to lose overall. The reason I am wanting to lose 18, now only 14, by July 6th is because I have a convention for work where I will walk across the stage in front of thousands in a formal gown. I am not done at that point.. That is a stepping stone. My next goal after that will be to lose 20 more pounds by october.

I think most people loose 4-8 pounds their first week and then continue to loose 1-3 a week after that. I don't feel like I am on a diet. I am not dieting. I am learning to eat right, and that I can have anything in moderation and I am learning how to incorporate physical activity into my life.

I have a beautiful dress that I hope to fit into on July 6th. So, I will keep eating right, working out and staying positive.

Again, I don't think it is a hard goal to lose what my goal is. I want to lose another 12-14 pounds by July 6th. This will put me at 200 if I loose 12 and 198 if I lose 14. Really my goal is 199 or lower. I want to see that ONE! :-)

I will stay positive and press forward. So long as I am doing the best that I can do and working towards those goals.....I can't ask for more!

-AMY
  • sroseber
    sroseber Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I wish you the absolute best Amy! I had a similar type goal (certain amount by a certain date). My 10th wedding anniversary is coming up in June and I was REALLY hoping to reach my wedding weight by then. Unfortunately for me I hit a plateau (for about 2 months!) and the scales have only recently started moving again and they are moving very slowly. We are taking a trip for our anniversary in 21 days and I have 14 lbs to go to reach my wedding weight. I have spent A LOT of time the last few weeks obsessing over how I was going to possibly lose that much in that short amount of time, especially given that the scales have barely been moving! I have been stressing about everything (am I eating too many calories? not enough? do I eat my exercise cals? or not? should I exercise more? less? differently? different time? etc, etc, etc.) Basically all I was doing was thinking about my diet and losing weight...i.e. I wasn't living my life. I finally realized the other day that though I really would have loved to reach that goal, it's not the end of my journey, it never was intended to be and it's not the end of the world if I don't reach that goal. Doesn't mean I shouldn't keep working toward it though either. I guess my point is keep doing what is right and healthy and don't get too obsessed with the numbers/dates. I think all the stress I was putting on myself was sabotaging my efforts! I hope you do reach your goal but even if you don't make it you will get closer to it and ultimately that is the goal, right? to keep losing until we reach our ideal weight. I absolutely believe in setting goals and even dates to reach those goals by, but just don't let it become an obsession like I did.

I have since taken the last couple days off (yesterday and today) to just live my life and not think about diet and losing weight. Tomorrow I will start back tracking my calories, doing my workouts, etc. I haven't totally fallen off the bandwagon. I have been trying to drink all (or at least most) of my water, and not overeat and I have been incorporating as much fruit and veggies as have been available. So hopefully I haven't gone up in the last couple days! :)

Anyway, just don't focus so much on the goal that you miss everything you learn along the way. Good luck and I hope you reach your goal. Keep us posted!
  • elle77
    elle77 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I have 52 pounds more to lose overall. The reason I am wanting to lose 18, now only 14, by July 6th is because I have a convention for work where I will walk across the stage in front of thousands in a formal gown. I am not done at that point.. That is a stepping stone. My next goal after that will be to lose 20 more pounds by october.

I think most people loose 4-8 pounds their first week and then continue to loose 1-3 a week after that. I don't feel like I am on a diet. I am not dieting. I am learning to eat right, and that I can have anything in moderation and I am learning how to incorporate physical activity into my life.

I have a beautiful dress that I hope to fit into on July 6th. So, I will keep eating right, working out and staying positive.

Again, I don't think it is a hard goal to lose what my goal is. I want to lose another 12-14 pounds by July 6th. This will put me at 200 if I loose 12 and 198 if I lose 14. Really my goal is 199 or lower. I want to see that ONE! :-)

I will stay positive and press forward. So long as I am doing the best that I can do and working towards those goals.....I can't ask for more!

-AMY

Wow, that would keep me motivated!!! :smile: Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • amysol
    Options
    Just an update! I now have 11 lbs to loose in 5 weeks and 2 days! I'm gonna "keep on keeping on!"
  • Shadowpaws
    Shadowpaws Posts: 109
    Options
    I don't.
  • amysol
    Options
    I don't.

You dont what hun?