am i on the right track?

Options
My diary is open. Jan 2nd 2012 i was 263 today i am 254. I see me making changes in diet and exercise. I dont feel i am doing/eating quite what i should just yet. Open to suggestions! Thank you :)

Replies

• rochey1098
    Options
    Watch your calories and you will lose weight, no need to micromanage for that. If you're really interested in your general diet then the food pyramid is as simple as it gets:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:USDA_Food_Pyramid.gif
  • chell53
    chell53 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I looked at your diary.....it looks fine and you are losing, however for me I would eat less Carbs and eat more Protein. That is just me I am a Carb Addict and I know it so I try to eat less of that.....

Good job keep it up
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    Looks good to me.....you're seeing results so I'd say what you're doing is working. :)
  • ruby_red_rose
    ruby_red_rose Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I would eat more protein too, to minimize lean muscle loss.
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I would eat more protein too, to minimize lean muscle loss.

^Agreed
  • KemahSunshine
    Options
    Looks pretty good... I suggest drinking & logging your water intake as well... Water is essential in flushing your system of excess water weight...Best Wishes!!!:smile:
  • fxst78
    fxst78 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Watch your calories and you will lose weight, no need to micromanage for that. If you're really interested in your general diet then the food pyramid is as simple as it gets:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:USDA_Food_Pyramid.gif

NO!!!

The food pyramid is set up for ease of manufacture and shipping. It is not accurate for true good nutrition.

Eat a lot of Lean Protein and Fibrous Vegetables.
    Eat moderate amounts of Fruit and Starchy Vegetables
    Eat minimal processed carbs (bread, pasta etc)
    Eat very minimal saturated fats
    Eat super minimal processed sugars.
  • kluvsj
    kluvsj Posts: 9
    Options
    so you lost 11 lbs in 15 days thats amazing....if your eating healthy and losing weight your def on the right track keep up the good work :)
  • alison422
    Options
    I am kinda new here but I do believe if you pay closer attention to your sugar intake that that will help. When you eat items with high sugar content it spikes your blood sugar. This tells your body to store fat. If you try to maintain a lower sugar and higher protein diet your body will burn at a more steady pace. Thats what I have found to work anyway.:happy:
  • luvleedeas
    Options
    THANK YOU EVERYONE!! AS I LOOK INTO THIS MORE I DO SEE I NEED MORE PROTEIN AND FIBER. I AM LOVING THIS SITE!!