Weighing mayonnaise

Options
live4turns
live4turns Posts: 314 Member
The label on the mayonnaise I use (Kirkland Signature Real Mayonnaise) measures servings only in mL or Tbsp. I usually measure in mL by putting the mayo in a measuring cup and then hitting the cup onto the counter to let it settle and flatten out for a measurement read. I try to make the mayo settle as much as I can so I can get as accurate a measurement as possible but I want more accuracy. Mayo contains lots of calories and inaccurate measures can make a big difference.

Is there another way to weigh mayo?

Are there any brands that use grams/ounces as units on their label?

Thanks

Replies

• Alexdur85
    Alexdur85 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with measuring it as a tablespoon??
  • live4turns
    Options

I just feel its not very accurate...
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options

Put your mayo in the tbsp, then use the flat edge of a knife to level it off so you know there is no overflow. :-)
  • live4turns
    Options

Put your mayo in the tbsp, then use the flat edge of a knife to level it off so you know there is no overflow. :-)

Ok, I guess I'll just do that. Thanks guys.
  • Janda06
    Janda06 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Others in the database are approx 15 grams for a tablespoon
  • IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Hellman's mayonnaise
    1 tbsp
    14 g
    100 cal.

Hellman's reduced cal mayonnaise
    1 tbsp
    15 g
    50 cal

Kraft Free
    1 tbsp
    16 g
    10 cal

Kraft Light
    1 tbsp
    15 g
    50 cal

To weigh mayonnaise, weigh the jar or bread before and after spreading it and subtract.
  • live4turns
    Options
    To weigh mayonnaise, weigh the jar or bread before and after spreading it and subtract.

Why the heck did I not think of that !!!!!!! Awesome thank you thank you thank you!
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options

Why the heck did I not think of that !!!!!!! Awesome thank you thank you thank you!

Well since you now have the grams to work with, you can eliminate that math by putting your spoon on the scale, zero out the scale and then scoop your mayo out of e jar and put the spoon + mayo on the scale. The number shown would be the amount of mayo on e spoon since you zeroed out the scale with the spoon on it. This is how I measure my peanut butter.