Vegetarian/Vegan

Options
Anyone on here doing this via Vegetarian/Vegan diet/lifestyle? I'm a newbie to the world and am looking for pointers and recipes! Friends would be nice to. 8o)

Thanks!
Yorktown, VA -Megz

Replies

• shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I'm a pescetarian... feel free to look at my diary for ideas :)
  • GoldenGirl89
    Options
    Welcome to vegetarianism! I've been one for 9 years. My favorite low calorie meal is slicing up vegetarian sausage links with peppers and onions in the skillet. Mix it with buffalo sauce (it's 0 calories) and you have a healthy and tasty meal. Just be sure to stay away from pasta as much as you can. That's how I gained most of my weight. My family would go out to eat and the only thing vegetarian for me was cheesy pasta with a side of bread.

This is my favorite vegan food in the world. I thought I would never have "pulled pork" again --> http://www.lightlife.com/Vegan-Food-Vegetarian-Diet/Smart-BBQ
  • TriciaMaina
    Options
    I'm a new vegan. I began with a juice cleanse that really spiked my energy levels and general sense of happy, and I was hooked. Looking forward to experimenting in the kitchen with all the bright and gorgeous vegetables :)
  • VeggieKelli
    VeggieKelli Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Vegan, going on 7 years, vegetarian/pescetarian before that for 7. Would love to have any of you as friends, and also, there are some good vegetarian groups on here, look them up and join, some great information from there!! Welcome!
  • gayatrik
    gayatrik Posts: 173
    Options
    I am an Indian and a vegetarian by birth. :) I never had even egg in my life and my whole nutrition comes from vegetables,legumes, fruits and dairy.

:)
  • plushkitten
    plushkitten Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Ah wow, sooo many great things to eat while feeling good about what your putting into your body. I'm a pescatarian, but mostly eat vegetarian. Before, I used to be vegan for five years until people accused me of being on a "restrictive" diet. However, I know many great and fulfilling recipes, both vegan and vegetarian. Adding you now :)
  • Care563
    Care563 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I am a vegan and post my favourite recipes on my blog...message me if you wan the address. I love food and found so many incredible great great tasting recipes.
  • PoisonIvy914
    Options
    I'm a vegan and cook mostly, I have a few recipes to supply and will be putting them up shortly :D Whole foods has great asian vegan food btw! :bigsmile:
  • chelseaalicia
    chelseaalicia Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm a vegetarian and I love making soups, curries, spicy food, and cooking with as much protein and as many fun veggies as I can :) I've been working out for a couple years now and I love everything from weights to dance to climbing.

For recipes (for all occasions) you can try the PETA website- they have hundred of recipes and sample menu plans too, even just to browse around for ideas/inspiration.
  • ShabokaMegz
    ShabokaMegz Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for posting so quickly! I have a lot of food for though here! Looking forward to many more yummy "non-meat" foods! :tongue:

I guess I should also post out that I'm a nursing mom of a 1 year old! So cleanses sadly are a no go for me right now. 8o)