The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo

Options
2»

Replies

• Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Love the books & the Swedish movies. I propably wont bother with the new US verison. I've seen the films, why would I want to see a 'new' version.
    And sorry but from the stills I've seen, the US Lisbeth looks like she'd go into a terminal sulk rather than extract sexual revenge on her probation officer. Noomi could kick her *kitten* any day.
  • tenax
    tenax Posts: 97
    Options
    i've seen the first 2 swedish ones. never made the 3rd. i was struggling to keep my attention on movie 2. i won't be seeing the u.s. versions, i don't think.
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Loved the books and the Swedish films, heard some bad things about the American remake (differences in the Lisbeth behaves/is represented) so not terribly keen to see it......
  • toebass
    toebass Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I much preferred the Swedish films, and i LOVED the books.. I wasn't sold on the US version though.. Roony Mara did an amazing job of playing lisbeth, but the rest was a bit ho hum for me..
  • appleseeds
    appleseeds Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I thought the us one had much better pacing particularly at the beginning of the film, but I preffered the more brutal lizbeth in the Swedish film.
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I haven't see the movies, but I'm kind of scared to. Because you know that super brutal part in the book...is not something I want to see on film. Whomever has seen it, is it really brutal? Or is it watchable? I have a tough skin, but David Fincher + Girl with the Dragon Tattoo makes me cautious. He's known for making brutal films look brutal.. (though I've seen every single one of his films and loved them).
  • 99Tinkerbell
    Options
    I want to read the books before I see the movie. As other's have said the movies a lot of times are such a let down from the great story told in the book! Power to the READER'S! :flowerforyou:
  • mcgwnkrista
    Options
    I read all 3, watched all 3 of the Swedish films and just the American film. I felt like the American version concentrated more on the actual mystery of the book where as I felt the Swedish film just used the mystery as a backdrop to introduce the Salandar character--which to be honest, was smarter. If you think about it, the following two books concentrate solely on Salandar's life and I felt the American version fell short on developing her complexity. I mean, I felt like out of nowhere (*Spoiler alert*) she just started sleeping with Daniel Craig's character and really there was no previous or even subtle inklings that they were even attracted to each other. At least in the Swedish version it made sense and I actually understood the book better (when it came to the Wennerstrom affair--spelling?) after watching it.

Too be honest, I got really annoyed at how many LOUD gasps I heard during the rape scene--I was surrounded by retired snow birds who apparently had NOT read the book or even a review before deciding to see this movie.
  • mcgwnkrista
    Options
    I haven't see the movies, but I'm kind of scared to. Because you know that super brutal part in the book...is not something I want to see on film. Whomever has seen it, is it really brutal? Or is it watchable? I have a tough skin, but David Fincher + Girl with the Dragon Tattoo makes me cautious. He's known for making brutal films look brutal.. (though I've seen every single one of his films and loved them).

It's a brutal scene but if you can get through reading it in the book than I think you can handle seeing it. It's obviously disturbing but ultimately it's a pivotal scene that shows how Salandar's been treated her entire life by the world and the people in place that are supposed to protect her.
  • PoisonIvy914
    Options
    I'll always love the Swedish version more. In my eyes Noomi Rapace IS Lisbeth Salander! I loved the books as well. I'll only go and see the US version to compare and contrast like wit Let the Right One In.
  • Bradozzz85
    Options
    Her parent's probably warned her. "You go around getting tattoo's of dragons all over you and you know what will happen"... But seriosuly, way too full on and just a bit sick. I mushc prefer comedies