Kinda gross

Options
2»

Replies

• Tarah1218
    Options
    Do you take a mulivitamin? Eat enough fruits and veges?
  • Crawflowr
    Crawflowr Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I've lost loads of big toe nails over the years. Usually from badly fitting trainers or walking too far in wellingtons, it doesn't take much. It is always gross. I've found it easiest to leave the old nail on as long as possible, while the new nail grows underneath. The nail eventually is held on by very little and will come off easily. Meanwhile check your trainers are long enough, especially if you've started running.
  • thebigbige
    thebigbige Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Make sure you get your feet lots of sun because nail growth is slightly based off of that.
  • seehawkmomma
    Options
    Are you a foot model?

LOL I wish
  • seehawkmomma
    Options
    Do you take a mulivitamin? Eat enough fruits and veges?

I do not take a multivitamin....and i think i eat enough fruits and veggies
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    It is Peruvian toe rot. It starts with the nail, then the rest of the toe will just flake off. It is not dangerous, but seriously affects your flip-flop wearing capabilities. Some people will actually grow back two toes in its place.
  • Bauer77
    Bauer77 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    This happened to me when I was younger and I didn't hit it or anything it just fell off. It did grow back...
  • erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    It is Peruvian toe rot. It starts with the nail, then the rest of the toe will just flake off. It is not dangerous, but seriously affects your flip-flop wearing capabilities. Some people will actually grow back two toes in its place.

^^ :laugh: :laugh:
  • donnasue70
    donnasue70 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    my daughter is a dancer and her toenails fall off ( and grow back) during the dance season.
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    In all seriousness......... I have had it happen too. I dont remember doing anything to it, there was no fungus, it just fell off. Kinda stung, not too bad though. My doctor said that I may have just put too much pressure for too long on that one toe and it suffocated the nail bed. I was doing Zumba and spin class along with running and elliptical at the time. It took a few months to grow back, but it finally did.
  • eschwab855
    eschwab855 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    lol sorry
  • snowsflake
    snowsflake Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    When I get new running shoes or change up my workout shoes or my routine this happens to me. It is always my second toenail, usually on both feet, that bruises and then comes off. There is usually another nail growing under it already when it comes off, so it's not so bad. That has been happening to me for a very long time. And yes, the entire toe nail comes off. :happy:
  • seehawkmomma
    Options
    Its like a really bad hang nail....

I actually pulled out super glue and was tempted to glue the nail down.....

right now its like "flopping" (picture a door) so i put a band aid on to secure it.

I am freaking out slightly.
  • fuzzybear123
    fuzzybear123 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My daughter had an issue where her a few of her fingernails would fall off one after another.. starting from the nail bed at the bottom of her nail and fall off from the bottom up... it was quite concerning.. but we started her on multivitamins and the problem has been gone ever since.... so I suggest upping your vitamins and milk
  • Sophiepoo
    Sophiepoo Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    omg flopping like a door! LOLLL nooo, I dont wanna picture this! i know my friends nail has come off because she wears really tight shoes that press down on her toes, eee
  • seehawkmomma
    Options
    I am too freaked out to even touch it let alone take a picture of it flopping....

Although I might be able to get one if you really want