Fell hard

Options
I was doing pretty good then my Gramma suddenly passed away last week. I have been in serious mourning because we were very close. I haven't been sleeping much, and I'm not eating and when I do it's not good. I had a piece of black forest cake and a glass of crown royal yesterday, that's it.

I was wondering what people here have done to get back on track after a big loss in their life.

Replies

• lulubenmom
    lulubenmom Posts: 45
    Options
    oh god, so sorry, that's hard. I lost my mom last year and it was very sudden and unexpected. I found I had to cry all the time. Everytime I showered, every time i was in the car by myself. I think you have to let it all out Speak to relatives about the good stuff, make a memory shelf with her photo and some things.

I'm still finding it hard at times. A song in a store can set me off, recently it was mother's day out, hearing people with their moms. It also makes me work out hard for some reason, I channel that emotional storm and power away at the gym.

Hope you have some other good family & friends for support.

Hugs
    Joanne
  • Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear that. Losing someone so close is one of the hardest things to deal with.

Just keep thinking about the positive things..like how much fun you had with her, special bonding times, holiday memories, etc. She's still here with you in your heart. :heart:

Honestly, I still talk to my grandmother (called her Baba) when I'm feeling upset or angry. I still feel like she can hear me some how and it helps me through the days.

And about the not being able to eat part...your just going to have to push yourself. She would want you to live a healthy life...if you can't do it for yourself, do it for her. Maybe she can be your motivation.

:flowerforyou:
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your Gramma. Take time to let yourself grieve. But keep trying to eat. You don't want to end up run down and sick.
    :heart:
  • Tofuheart
    Tofuheart Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. You are right about being healthy and it's what she would have wanted. I also find everything reminds me of her. A lot of who I am and what I do daily is from what she taught and raised me by. I cherish that and I hope I can make the transition to a new and more improved me. I'm trying to drink lots of water so at least that will start me back on track and maybe cause some hunger.
  • Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Great! Glad to hear you're going to try and eat healthy. I hope today is a better day for you. :smile: Stay positive and keep thinking happy thoughts :happy: I hope things get easier for you soon. Good luck to you!