whats your best tip??

Options
whats the best hint/diest tip youve ever been told? do you think it works?

Mine is, when you first feel hungry have a large glass of water... 9 times out of 10 your not really hungry, your thrsty :) xx

Replies

• louisau
    louisau Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    When confronted with non diet food - shake your head slowly from left to right :laugh:
  • judgejava
    Options
    Count your calories and exercise ;-)
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,307
    Options
    Don't ignore your cravings.....everything in moderation......
  • dianeellen2
    dianeellen2 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    eat your exercise calories (it inspired me to do exercise - which i now love)
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Don't eliminate an entire food. If it hits my macros I'm eating it!
  • lovemydrmartens
    lovemydrmartens Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    if you are trying not to eat something... don't have it in the house! :bigsmile:
  • fatty2fabby
    fatty2fabby Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    have 2 mugs of green tea before each meal! this has helped me soo much!
  • Lisa19690_1
    Options
    Plan you meals for a week and then shop for what you need no what you think you want.
  • stresco
    stresco Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Eat to live, not to make yourself feel better.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Realize that you're worth it, nobody is perfect, and life is too short to spend it beating yourself up.
  • ohohraptor
    ohohraptor Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Plan your meals in advance, that way you have everything laid out for you and you have no excuse not to stick with it. Also, eat snacks in between meals! This will keep you from ever getting too hungry, and less likely to make bad food choices.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Best tip I heard/read: Eat like a king at breakfast, a queen at lunch and a peasant at dinner. (has to do with meal sizes) Not everyone agrees with this, but it works for me both in terms of energy, sleep quality and weight loss.

Best thing I've figured out: plan and log meals in advance.
  • stroken96
    stroken96 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Mine is, when you first feel hungry have a large glass of water... 9 times out of 10 your not really hungry, your thrsty :) xx
    [/quote]

Thats what I have been told too! :happy:
  • melmaus27
    Options
    Bought some fun kids' stickers, made a special calendar to track my exercise days and every day I exercise, even if it's low-intensity, such as a moderate walk, I give myself one. I also track my weight on it. Once you get the line of stickers going you don't want to break it and it's colorful and happy so it makes me feel good to see that I am making my goals!
  • smittenmikish
    Options
    My diet savior... Peanut Butter!!

I eat it when I need to reach my calorie goal for the day...

When I have a sweet tooth...

When I want to snack and actually be filled up...

2 Tbsp = 190 Calories

MMMMMMmmmmmmm......
  • ChocChipMuffin
    Options
    Bought some fun kids' stickers, made a special calendar to track my exercise days and every day I exercise, even if it's low-intensity, such as a moderate walk, I give myself one. I also track my weight on it. Once you get the line of stickers going you don't want to break it and it's colorful and happy so it makes me feel good to see that I am making my goals!

Ooh I'm loving the sticker idea!
  • earthymom
    earthymom Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Have food on hand that is GOOD for you. If all you have nearby is BAD food, you're likely to eat it....
  • mwpresley
    Options
    best tip i ever heard: do not diet, change your lifestyle. continue to eat the foods you love, but in moderation. if you love cupcakes, then have one every couple of months for a special treat. don't cut anything out of your life entirely (unless you have a real health issue) this way, you don't cheat. my life has changed so drastically since i started working-out and eating healthy. instead of eating fast food 5-6 times per week and having at least 3000 calories per day, i now work-out 6 days per week and eat approx 1200-1400 calories per day of HEALTHY foods. last weekend i enjoyed a chili dog with my son - i enjoyed it b/c i used to eat like that every.single.day and now i can appreciate the good taste, yet still remain healthy. i guess the bottom line is: diets don't work, but healthy lifestyles do. :smile:
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy and eat enough food (not too much and DEFINITELY not too little
  • lemonadem
    lemonadem Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Do it for yourself and not for anyone else. Do because you want to, and more than just believing you can, KNOW that you can!