Zumba

Options
I start Zumba classes on here and I can't find Zumba listed under Cardio on here. I am wondering if anyone knows how many calories it burns? It is a 60 minute class!

Replies

• nickm21
    nickm21 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I asked the same question and someone posted this link http://www.zumbacalories.com/ that way you can create your own exercise.
  • TimWilkinson101
    TimWilkinson101 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    My lass does this and she logs it under something like "Wii Zumba Fitness 2"
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I usually log it under high impact aerobics when I teach a class. There's also a dancing option too to log it under. The Zumba calories calculator gives a higher calorie burn # than here though, so I think it depends on how energetic your class is :)
  • GG70
    GG70 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    i highly recommend a good hrm like a polar... i use that in my Zumba class and other workouts.. i typically burn 800 calories per class but everyone is different... you burn what you put into it..
  • zumbarachel
    Options
    Hi all! My first post here - I'm a Zumba instructor and every now and then I teach my class with a heart rate monitor. Really you can't go on anyone else's measurement and it very much depends on how much you're moving and on your own weight, but the first time I measured, I used 600 calories in an hour, and last night I used 750. GG70 is spot on though - it's all about what you put into it.

It's also worth bearing in mind that the more you go to a particular class, the better you'll get to know the routines, so that enables you to really go for it :-) x
  • PagalM
    PagalM Posts: 19
    Options
    Yup I used the link http://www.zumbacalories.com/ to figure it out since zumba is my workout of choice. The calories will vary for your weight and the intensity that you push yourself so you will have to adjust this number as you lose weight and depending on how hard you work yourself.