Breakfast ideas!!

Options

Replies

• mochaphobic
    mochaphobic Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Another thing you can do that I love since it's filling is a packet of instant grits. The downside is that there isn't a ton of nutritional value. The upside is that it is only 100 calories and easy to pop into the microwave ~ done in 60 seconds. The butter and cheese flavors are quite good and satisfy that "I need fat or cheese" craving but isn't.
  • keyer23
    keyer23 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Instant grits for me, too. Has anyone tried those Thomas' Light English Muffins? I really limit myself on the bread products, but wondered if they are worth the 100 calories...hmmmm?
  • Hurricane_C
    Hurricane_C Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I have the same thing for breakfast every night when I wake up....

92g egg whites (2 servings)
    4-6g reduced fat feta cheese
    1 toasted Light Thomas's English Muffin

I microwave the eggs and cheese for 1.5 min and then cut it in half and put it on my english muffin for 2 open faced sandwhiches. Delicious.

Just wanted to say that this is only 150 cal.
    ... And microwave times vary depending on microwave :-)
  • merandrich
    Options
    I either do 1 cup cooked oatmeal- natural & not processed in the little packs... w/ 1 Tbs Almond butter. Very filling.
    OR I drink a protein drink.. Premier Protein choc drink. i buy them at Sams. only 160 cals.. 30 grams Protein (thats alot!) and only 1 gram sugar, and 5 grams carbs. They fill you up and keep you full b/c of high protein. Some mornings if Im starved I also add 1/2 cup unsweetend Almond milk into glass w/ my protein drink, just to have a little more.
  • usafbeach
    usafbeach Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal w/ peanut butter and chocolate protein powder!

I toss 1/2 cup old fashioned oats and 1 cup of water in a bowl into the microwave for 5 minutes at 50% power and hop in the shower. By the time I get out, they've cooked and cooled just a bit to where I can actually eat it. Stir in a tbsp of peanut butter and a scoop of chocolate protein powder, and I've got a delicious 365 calorie breakfast with a decent macronutrient mix (35g carbs, 12g fat, 33g protein) that keeps me full till lunch.
  • chelsea_thatsme
    chelsea_thatsme Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Glad to find this post. I am also looking for new ideas for breakfast and I have now found plenty. Especially because I am always in a rush in the mornings.

Thanks guys!!!!!!!
  • pmellis_85
    Options
    My favorite healthy breakfast idea when I have time to make it is a breakfast scramble made with egg beaters, fresh diced tomatoes and onions, sauteed sliced mushrooms and baby spinach (in pam), and 2% milk swiss cheese. just spray the pan with pam and toss in the ingredients, salt to taste, and scramble until egg beaters are done. It's delicious and super low-cal.
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    i usually keep it simple and filling.. some days i have plain oatmeal with cinnamon .. and a protein either egg whites or protein shake... egg whites are red bell pepper, onion , italian seasoning and franks hot sauce
  • fusiongal
    fusiongal Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I LOVE that saying... We have been trying to implement that at our house, but lacked the right words hehe
    There is an old saying... eat Breakfast like a king, Lunch like a Queen, and Dinner like a Pauper.... aka- breakfast should be your biggest meal of the day. (I'll admit that lunch is my big meal, I'm just not hungry in the morning)
    I am a snooze button fan, so my grab and go breakfast is greek yogurt, fruit, and a granola bar. I am able to eat at work so I space those out in the morning and am fine till lunch. I'm not a fan of oatmeal but in a pinch I keep a packet or two at work and bring the fruit to add to it.
  • sarah_r_blair
    Options
    This sounds delicious. I will have to try this myself!
  • Cathy000
    Cathy000 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Quaker weight control instant Oatmeal. 150 calories Fantastic and easy!!
  • jb852013
    jb852013 Posts: 116
    Options
    You don't have to use any butter to cook the egg in the microwave? I might have to try that and throw in a bit of ham to make a lower fat version of the breakfast tacos I love! :)
  • laceykg
    laceykg Posts: 13
    Options
    Bump
  • kimberlyw26
    Options
    Such GREAT ideas!! I can not wait to try these!!! Thanks guys and gals!
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I don't eat eggs so I started making homemade breakfast sandwiches...Thomas' english muffin, slice of cheese, 2 thin slices of precooked bacon and a tomato slice. Yummy and filling.

Eaten with fruit, usually half a cup of frozen grapes or a banana.

I'm not really a big breakfast person. :ohwell:

Oh man, cheese and tomato sandwiches. I forgot about those. I think they're in my near future. =)
  • kimhurt
    kimhurt Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I scramble 2 egg whites and one whole egg in a 16 ounce CorningWare dish. (You MUST scramble the eggs - if you put them in without puncturing the yolk, it will explode) Pop it in the microwave, keep an eye on it, stir a couple times. Pop it out, toss it on a toasted whole wheat bagel thin with a slice of low fat cheese and you have a healthy, high protein breakfast in only 3 minutes!
  • carterjerm
    Options
    I too am always in a hurry in the mornings. I do a protein drink and banana.
  • DreamLittleDarling
    DreamLittleDarling Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    bump so I can go copy & paste my on-the-go breakfast recipe!
  • DreamLittleDarling
    DreamLittleDarling Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I saw these on a blog, for the life of me can't remember what blog though. I made them last night so my husband could have a healthy breakfast as he rushes around after PT every morning.

One thing to remember (I learned this the hard way) spray the holy living crap out of the cupcake wrappers with non-stick spray before pouring the eggs in!!!

Makes 12 muffins:

6 eggs (I used 1 1/2 cups of egg beaters egg whites-works just the same!)
    red onion (however much you like!)
    green pepper (however much you like!)
    sausage (I used 2 links of john morrell skinless polish sausage cuz that's what I had, you can use anything you want, bacon, sausage, or no meat if thats what you prefer!)
    6oz shredded cheddar cheese (again this is personal preference, add more or less, or none at all, or a different kind of cheese if you want!)

mix it all together and pour into 12 muffin cups

REMEMBER TO SPRAY THE MUFFIN WRAPPERS WITH NO STICK SPRAY!!!!

cook in the oven on 375 for 30ish minutes, or until they are brownish on top.

remove them from the muffin pan and take them out of the paper as soon as possible. You can stick them in the fridge and pop them in the microwave for 20-30 seconds when you want to eat them.

THESE ARE SO DARN GOOD!

the ones I made came out to be about 100 calories per muffin, but thats because of the sausage and cheese, you can add anything you want and make them however you want!

enjoy!