Ripped in 30 - January

Options

Replies

• lawoods
    lawoods Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody! I'm on w2d4 of r30 but this is the first time I saw your posts.

Helloburger-I'm with you on the shoulder pain. I'm on d4 of w2. One more day then will move to w3 and hope for relief for my shoulders/rotator cuff.

Taking the night off. And hopefully will feel better tomorrow.
  • helloburger
    helloburger Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Helloburger-I'm with you on the shoulder pain. I'm on d4 of w2. One more day then will move to w3 and hope for relief for my shoulders/rotator cuff.

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I HAVE!

the best thing to do is take anti-inflamatories and also get some freeze gel or spray of even good old frozen peas and just lay off the exercises that hurt your arm. My shoulder had got significantly better but silly me when sorting out my wardrobe i had over stretched it and caused it to hurt again.

But level 3 is much better for the shoulders due to the minimal amount of planks, level 3 is a killer but I loved it!
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Yay, christina_c_m_ and Daisy80 :) Glad to hear we have level 3 and 4 going strong. I did level 2 again today, along with some other stuff.

My main achievement in this level is that I can actually DO the ab hold / table thing. When I did this DVD last month, it was a true struggle to do the ab hold and get my bum off the ground. I think what I like about this DVD is how quickly my body responds to it.

Is anyone on this thread also doing Killer Buns and Thighs or any other Jillian DVD's in combination or rotation?

I did a little bit of Zumba here and there but always seem to run out f time. I do have Killer Buns and Thighs but never tried it. It looks fun though! Which level do you do? To be honest Level 1 looks pretty tough already! How does it compare to RI30? To which level would you compare it in terms of difficulty?
  • LemonSocks
    LemonSocks Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Just a very quick check-in. It's exam time for me so I've not really been online - but rest assure I have still be working out. Tonight I'll be doing week 3, day 4. I may or may not have a rest day tomorrow, it depends how exhausted I am tomorrow evening.

Well done everyone. Some great achievements from you all!

smiles4miles, I did Blast Fat Boost Metabolism 3 times last week, and 6 week 6 pack twice. Taking a break from extras this week due to exams but will back doing some extras at the weekend, all going well. I have Killer Thighs and Buns but I'm avoiding it whilst my legs are burning from Week 3 :tongue:
    And well done with the ab hold. It is hard!

Anyway, good luck all, keep up the great work and I'll check back in when I'm a little less hectic (Friday, probably).
  • Daisy80
    Options
    Day 2 of Level 3 done! IT was a funny one today. It was really tough but I felt as if I pushed myself but burned slightly less than usually. Not sure why.
    Still liking Level 3. It just goes by so quickly! It is my weigh in day tomorrow! I am always nervous beforehand. Fingers crossed!

Have a great day all!
  • tsarperknip
    Options
    Okay, I *just* bought this today (on sale at Target for $9!) -- can any of you give me a good idea of what equipment I should get/use? Do I need a pair of hand weight or just one?
  • mszimmerman76
    Options
    Okay, I *just* bought this today (on sale at Target for $9!) -- can any of you give me a good idea of what equipment I should get/use? Do I need a pair of hand weight or just one?

You definitely need a pair dumbells, preferably two (one heavier and one lighter) to work with as some exercises will be harder to do. Example: I use heavier weights for biceps curls but there is no way I could use those same weights for tricep extensions...
  • tsarperknip
    Options
    You definitely need a pair dumbells, preferably two (one heavier and one lighter) to work with as some exercises will be harder to do. Example: I use heavier weights for biceps curls but there is no way I could use those same weights for tricep extensions...

This is good to know -- any recommendation on how much weight I should buy? (Caveat: I have kind of pathetic upper body strength.)
  • jj1983
    jj1983 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    my hamstrings absolutely want to curl up into tiny balls when I do RI30
  • christina_c_marks
    christina_c_marks Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I use 7lb dumbells for most of mine then I have a set of 2lb ones I use for the others. 2lbs doesn't sound like much but man you will feel the burn!

I did day 3 of level 4 today! It's going good and I can't wait to measure at the end. I looked in the mirror last night and my back is definaty more tonned!
  • jellybean82
    jellybean82 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm suffering a relapse of my stomach bug :frown: . I'll probably be starting again with the rest of level three hopefully by the weekend.

It sounds like you all are doing great! I wonder how much my endurance will have dropped...eek!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options

This is good to know -- any recommendation on how much weight I should buy? (Caveat: I have kind of pathetic upper body strength.)

You might want to start with 3s and 5's... and work your way up to 8's and 10's. I alternate between 5 and 10's, but don't have 8's. Have fun!!!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    I did a little bit of Zumba here and there but always seem to run out f time. I do have Killer Buns and Thighs but never tried it. It looks fun though! Which level do you do? To be honest Level 1 looks pretty tough already! How does it compare to RI30? To which level would you compare it in terms of difficulty?

Running out of time is the issue I face too. Killer Buns and Thighs is a GREAT workout. I've only done it 4 times or so and I swear I'm noticing results already. Although, I'm doing it in combination with RI30, which definitely should get credit as well.

So far, I'm only on level 1 of Buns and Thighs. It was HARD the first time but seems like it is getting exponentially easier (because I'm quickly getting stronger). What's really hard is having the mental stamina and time to do both workouts - one after the other. Level 1 is about 40-45 minutes so pretty time consuming.

It's hard to compare to RI30 in terms of difficulty, sort of an apples and oranges thing. Maybe level 3 in RI30 because I found that one to be so challenging to knees / thighs / bum. But it really is it's own animal.

Let me know if you try it and what you think! I could use a "buns buddy" to help me stick with it.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Just my check in for the day. I did L2 of RI30, went for a 20 min walk/jog near my house and did a quickie zumba flat abs workout for almost 20 minutes.

I'm noticing definite changes in my body. This is new territory to me - to get results so quickly. :) I hope I don't self sabotage by , say, eating a bunch of junk. :wink: That would just be dumb.
  • christina_c_marks
    Options
    I just ordered her 30 day extreme shed and shred which I plan on starting when I finish RI30 this week. Anyone else want to join me on extreme shed and shred?
  • losingtwenty4miami
    Options
    I just bought this, but I'm not sure I can do Jillian every day since she is plank-crazy and I have a bad shoulder...but I'm definitely happy to join and support you!

Jillian is CRazY! I have her "Biggest Winner" dvd. It's only a 25 minute workout, but that chicks kills me. I'm going to start Ripped in 30 real soon though.
  • jellybean82
    jellybean82 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm back!

Just did day 2 of level 3. I'm not really big on the strength moves during this level, probably because I feel like I don't have good form and I have horrible balance.

My shoulders and triceps are feeling it!
  • christina_c_marks
    Options
    Okay I am officially done RI30! Did 4 weeks of working out five days a week. Here are my starting stats: Weight: 137lbs

Waist: 34 inches
    Hips: 36.5
    Thighs:20.5
    Chest:38
    Arms:10

Here is my finishing stats:
    Weight: 133lbs

Waist: 33 inches
    Hips: 35 inches
    Thighs:19 inches
    Chest: 35
    Arms:10.5

All and all I am proud of myself ;)
  • LemonSocks
    LemonSocks Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Okay I am officially done RI30! Did 4 weeks of working out five days a week. Here are my starting stats: Weight: 137lbs

Waist: 34 inches
    Hips: 36.5
    Thighs:20.5
    Chest:38
    Arms:10

Here is my finishing stats:
    Weight: 133lbs

Waist: 33 inches
    Hips: 35 inches
    Thighs:19 inches
    Chest: 35
    Arms:10.5

All and all I am proud of myself ;)

Wow, that's incredible!! Some really fantastic losses there! If I need any motivation to keep going, then this certain does the job! Really, well done!

I should have been starting week 4 today, but I ended up taking 2 days off as I was swamped with revision. So today is now Week 3 Day 6. I'm loving Week 3. It's hard, but I'm getting there now. I still can't hold the Ab hold for more than 15 secs without dropping but that's an improvement from when I started. Other than that it's going well (though I am doing a mixture of advanced and modified moves). Lookin forward (and dreading) to see what's in store for Week 4 on Monday.
  • Daisy80
    Options
    Hi all

I fell of the wagon a bit in the past few days. I am just so busy with uni and on top of that I got a cold. I just could not find the time or strength to exercise. So I had 5 days of now. Back to Level 3 Day 1 tomorrow! Well done to all the others doing so well!