Breakfast - Under 200 cals???

Options
Hi Everyone - Who has got some breakfast suggestions for me?

I have never really liked eating in the mornings but I get it kicks starts your metabolism and all that jazz...

I train in the morning too, and feel even less like eating afterwards - So I'm looking for something light and low cals - Under 200, but 150 mark would be better...

I am sooo sick of eggs, I feel like I've been eating cereal my whole life, and I snack on fruit throughout the day so don't really want to eat it for brekky too...

FUSSY - I KNOW!! Heheh... Any suggestions?? :flowerforyou: Thanks in advance!

Replies

• JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt? It will give you the protein you need for training but isn't too heavy and hits around the 100-150 calorie mark
  • sam363
    sam363 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Yogurt and Bear Naked Granola.
  • I_get_fit
    I_get_fit Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    under 200 cal:

greek yogurt with berries and honey

english muffin, over medium egg, and a thin slice of ham

fruit salad and cottage cheese

protein shake or smoothie

waffle topped with berries and a little greek yogurt

light breakfast muffins

bread with light cream cheese and fruit on top

banana cut down the middle with peanut butter in between

oatmeal with shredded carrot, raisins, cinnamon, vanilla, and sweetener (aka carrot cake oatmeal)

breakfast burrito
  • rsmithy89
    rsmithy89 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Greek yoghurt is a perfect pick. Or a protein shake?
  • lochybird
    Options
    Hiya,
    I HAVE to have some Porridge every morning. One serving is about 100 cals or there abouts and it really keeps me full till lunchtime, maybe 6 or more hours later!
    Good luck!
  • moodyfeesh14
    moodyfeesh14 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    in the health market sections of hyvee they have low cal healthy breakfast cookies that would be super easy to stick in your gym bag and eat on the drive to work or somehting
  • curiousgp
    curiousgp Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Green smoothie...I normally don't like to eat either - but a smoothie is more like drinking a glass of juice but keeps you satiated. Spinach or other greens and a few pieces of your favorite fruit. Add some yogurt if you need protein to make you feel fuller longer.
  • eissak
    eissak Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I eat Oatmeal every morning. Quick and low cal. The plain kind is 100 cal per pack, or the fruits and cream are 130. If I get hungry before lunch I'll have a banana or an apple.
  • CashierCantin
    CashierCantin Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I either have dry honey nut cheerios (110 cals) OR a low carb yogurt (60 cals) and a piece of fruit. I like to eat my main calories for dinner (more variety when you have more calories) so the lower I go in the morning/afternoon, the better. I feel just fine on that little because I am usually so busy at work I don't notice until lunch time that its time to eat again.
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, granola bar, whole wheat toast with pb, string cheese.
  • TequillaLover89
    TequillaLover89 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    under 200 cal:

light breakfast muffins

oatmeal with shredded carrot, raisins, cinnamon, vanilla, and sweetener (aka carrot cake oatmeal)

breakfast burrito
    WOW great list!
  • Jadesfattorment
    Options
    Oatmeal! (1/2 cup.)

1 whole wheat tortilla (80 calories.)
    They're also low carb because they have 12g of fiber. Eat it with 1 tbs of peanutbutter. (100)
    so all in all 180. :)
  • BradyMommy
    BradyMommy Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I generally have a half cup of cottage cheese in the morning (the Knudsen On the Go cups). 90 calories and it keeps me full.

Smart Ones also has breakfast sandwiches. They are around 200 (little higher or lower depending on which one you pick).
  • dmcd56
    dmcd56 Posts: 1
    Options
    My favorite are 100 calorie VitaMuffins VitaTops-lots of delicious flavors like apple crumb, banana chocolate chip, fudgy peanut butter chip, etc. Thomas Bagels have bagel thins that are 110 calories. Half a bagel with a slice of lowfat cheese, peanut butter or jelly is great.
  • atthebeach08
    atthebeach08 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Amazing suggestions people! I think breakfast is the hardest to get right and not use most of your calories for the whole day.Thanks everyone!!
  • LyneLM
    LyneLM Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    1 portion of protein powder for shakes (about 110 cal usually) + 1 portion of frozen fruits (a portion varies between 50 and 75 calories), Splenda or Stevia to taste, some water, process in blender or with hand mixer. I do that on the week-ends before I hit the grocery store or anytime I run errands.
  • asmithson19
    Options
    Wow!! What a great response!! Thank you so, so much everyone!! :-)

I will try them all..... (On different days ofcoz! ;-)

:flowerforyou:
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    hi, I switch between eggwhites scrambled with about a tbs. of mexican shredded cheese,egg whites only have 17 cal. each. or a slimfast, thats about 190-200cal. ,fruit,I found strawberries cut up with green grapes and bananas really good. You can always add a little turkey or chicken to your egg whites.
  • Ruchell
    Ruchell Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    under 200 cal:

light breakfast muffins

breakfast burrito
    WOW great list!

Carrot cake oatmeal sounds fantastic! Why have I never thought of that?
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options

I so need to try this