my small NSV

Options
So, i started using MFP on january 1st, and then started the 30 day shred on january 5th. I promised myself i would log and exercise everyday, no days off because i have no real excuse for not giving 30 minutes of my time to my health and happiness. I even saved and bought 5lb weights so i didnt have to use 2 lb water bottles anymore. :wink:

Anyway, my job threw a staff party after my shift today... and had it catered by a bar-b-que company. It was from 3-7pm. As much as i wanted to go, I wanted more to just go home and exercise because i knew my roommate would be home and i kinda need the entire living room to shred. :laugh:

also, the calories of the bar-b-que just didnt seem worth it compared to how hard i've been working since making the choice to change my life.

I'm not trying to brag, or say you cant indulge once in a while, but i am proud of myself for choosing MY body and MY health over food...even when everyone was saying "oh cmon, it's a party, it wont hurt, you can just exercise tomorrow."

Replies

• eoney
    eoney Posts: 35
    Options
    Nicely done! Someday you WILL be able to hang without temptation...but you knew better and avoided a potential pitfall--which is especially tricky when you have all your work buds saying "oh, c'mon..." Hang in there and keep doing what you're doing!!!