Has anyone been inspired or motived by certain books?

Options

Replies

• merzback
    merzback Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Chalene Johnson's PUSH
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    The Art of WAR
    Sun Tzu

See You At The Top
    Zig Zigler
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    The Secret is good.., I truly believe in it.
  • suavequeen
    suavequeen Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Who Moved My Cheese? by Spencer Johnson, MD.

Learned how to deal with change and enjoy less stress and more success in life, not afraid to think outside the box and go for what i want in life full force. It helped me with work, life at home, and persoanl goals. Its funny too!
  • fran1515
    fran1515 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    The secret is a great book, I try and live by it by always thinking positive.
  • MzKameka
    MzKameka Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    SKINNY B**CH (without the "**") - No seriously, it really changed my way of viewing everything I eat before I eat it. It's become like my bible - I've highlighted and tagged pages that I read again when I lose motivation. LOVE IT! Add me if you're looking for and handing out motivation! Peace! xoxo
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    The Tao Te Ching
  • mewaybright
    mewaybright Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    "Younger Next Year"
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Made to Crave by Lysa TerKeurst
    About how we were created to crave and we've turned the craving from God to food and made food an idol. It's about how our struggle with food is a spiritual struggle and how to get it back on course!!! Amazing book and I thought she was talking to me through most of it!!!
  • pratod
    pratod Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Animal Vegetable Miracle is about fresh food and the pleasure of eating (and growing) real food. It helped me cut out a lot of processed foods.
  • MammaTiz
    Options
    Younger Next Year for Women.
  • MeToJem
    MeToJem Posts: 13
    Options
    Want to follow this and start reading!
  • BritFitB
    BritFitB Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Too many to count. Shut Up, Stop Whining, and Get a Life by Larry Winget is in your face, but influential. I'm also a fan of Brian Tracy, who wrote Eat That Frog!, No Excuses, and Maximum Achievement. I think personal development is crucial for anyone making a life shift, however, if you are going to read it, you need to pursue it!
  • SNYSeefried2
    Options
    Anything by Chantel Hobbs I love The One Day Way I'm reading that right now and also Never Say Diet
  • stephensmith0929
    Options
    Tuesdays with Morrie
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Awareness by Anthony Di Mello
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    That dadgum Bible motivates me.....
  • RollinDawg
    RollinDawg Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Research Kyle Maynard, read his book. You'll be convinced you can do anything. He was born a quadruple amputee, a couple of days ago he finished climbing Kilamanjaro using special padded equipment that allowed him to crawl his way up. This is after becoming a champion wrestler in High School and also graduating from UGA.
  • willafan
    willafan Posts: 101
    Options
    Two come to mind-- First, I just finished this one: "Born to Run" by Chris McDougall. Great story which combines anthropology with adventure while making even the most inept runner (like me) feel like we were actually born to run.
    #2 is "The Jungle Effect" by by Dr. Daphne Miller which is all about the correlation between diet and general health. Again, the author combines an adventure story with a lot of fascinating info and there's even some recipes.
    I recommend both books!
  • stroken96
    stroken96 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    bump