I'm losing weight because...

Options

Replies

• tyra47
    tyra47 Posts: 97
    Options
    I'm losing weight for my health,to control my blood pressure and becasue I want my body back.
  • Rochelle03lc
    Rochelle03lc Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I want to get back to health, I was diagnosed with leukemia in Oct 2010. I spent a month in the hospital and lost all my endurance and strength. I'm still going through treatment but I want my body to be strong so it can fight for my life!!!
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I want to be at a healthy weight. Also, it feels pretty good when someone says "you're a fox!" and they're talking to me!! :blushing:
  • sdailey4
    sdailey4 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Because the person I see in pictures and the mirror disgust me, I can't see past all the fat :/
  • HeatherR930
    HeatherR930 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I want to feel good, wear a small size, be described as "fit" or even "thin" by others, feel confident in shorts, sleeveless shirts & even a bathing suit, not dread being weighed at the doctor, & just be in the best shape I can! You only get one life...I finally decided I didn't want to spend the rest of it fat!!! ;)
  • KeepingUpWithPups
    Options
    I want to be able to take a deep breath in the winter (like when I was a lot younger), and not have it burn. Losing the excess weight certainly can't *hurt* the asthma control effort.
  • fguillory
    fguillory Posts: 291
    Options
    I am losing weight because I am tired of getting winded doing simple things
  • feduh86
    feduh86 Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    i want to be able to wear whatever i want and look amazing in it

^^ This!
    As well as build confidence and look freakin Fantastic when I hit the beach this Summer! =P
  • YassSpartan
    YassSpartan Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Living in South Florida and dealing with power outrages whenever a hurricanes comes I just need a good 6 pack to use as washboard and wash my clothes :bigsmile:

Because I want to look good for myself, be able to travel the world, go backpacking and not worry about my body being able to handle all my future crazy adventures.
  • serendipity22
    serendipity22 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I don't want to look 20 years older than I am anymore.
  • jfluchere
    jfluchere Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I like having a hard body
  • newfienurse66
    Options
    such inspirational reasons....thank you for sharing, mine is very simple....I don't want to be the fat Mommy anymore!
  • Solitaire86
    Options
    I have a few reasons:

1. I want to be able to do things without getting puffed and out of breath, my partner is fairly fit so it would be nice if we can do active things together

2. I am sick of not being able to buy nice clothes (I also have about 2 suitcases full of clothes that I refuse to throw out but I don't fit into), I can't shop in "regular" shops now I have to go to plus size ones, so I never go clothes shopping as it makes me feel depressed

3. I want to look in the mirror and feel fit and attractive not like I have let my self go downhill
  • raemw12
    Options
    I want people to do a double-take when I walk down the street. I want to create a lifestyle out of looking and feeling my best!!!
  • jennmcpherson
    jennmcpherson Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I'm losing weight because I want to love photos of myself with friends and family again.
  • vealvill
    Options
    I want to feel good and comfortable. I want to be able to look in the mirror and say "I look and feel great".
  • Court222010
    Options
    I am losing weight because I'm afraid of diabetes. I am working to improve my health in MANY aspects, and losing weight goes along with that. I want to have energy and I want my hormones to do what they are supposed to do. I don't want to sit on the sidelines while my life passes me by.

Me too! My dad was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes this past September. It's shaken me in a couple of ways. First, I take after my dad. We are the only two in the family with weight issues. Second, at Christmastime Dad said proudly that he'd lost 35 lb since his diagnosis (now only taking half his oral diabetes meds and is completely off his high blood pressure medicine). He started at 220 lb and is now at 185 lb........which is 15 lb LESS than I weighed. Humbling.........

I got to thinking around New Years that if my 75 year old dad can lose 35 lb, I certainly should be able to! And I certainly want to avoid the health issues he has.

I am also VERY afraid of diabetes. Diabetes runs in my family and being overweight has always made me nervous about being diagnosed one day. Also, I have an EXTREME needle phobia! I cry and hyperventilate when I think about it!! I cannot imagine how miserable, terrified, and guilty I would feel if I had to give my self insulin shots or prick my fingers for blood--Simply because I couldn't control my weight. Avoid health complications such as diabetes is a MAIN motivator for me! Thanks for sharing ladies!
  • Court222010
    Options
    I want to get back to health, I was diagnosed with leukemia in Oct 2010. I spent a month in the hospital and lost all my endurance and strength. I'm still going through treatment but I want my body to be strong so it can fight for my life!!!

You're doing amazing things by staying postive and motivated. Keep fighting, you can win this! :flowerforyou:
  • Court222010
    Options
    Living in South Florida and dealing with power outrages whenever a hurricanes comes I just need a good 6 pack to use as washboard and wash my clothes :bigsmile:

Because I want to look good for myself, be able to travel the world, go backpacking and not worry about my body being able to handle all my future crazy adventures.

This made me laugh :happy: I'm sure you can achieve you goals, you definitely have to right attitude for it!!
  • steffiejoe
    steffiejoe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I like being slender and I want to stay healthy.

Hign BP runs in my family real strong, I will not suffer from this condition, not claiming it!!