Anyone using Xbox Kinect for workouts?

Options
2»

Replies

• tsornoza
    tsornoza Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am. Love Dance Central 2. It really gives you a workout.
  • TimWilkinson101
    TimWilkinson101 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Been using the Wii, and playing EA Sports Active 2.
    It has a thigh and arm sensor, with heart rate monitor built into the arm monitor.

The workouts are short by comparison to most workouts, but each workout is pretty intense.

Believe it or not, the original two Ea Sport Active Titles are much better. You should try them.

As for the actual topic, I'm considering an x-box just for this aspect of the thing.
  • britesideoflife
    britesideoflife Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I use Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012 on Kinect - I absolutely love it.

I love the cardio-boxing modules and always end with a zen or yoga workout. I really like how you can 'build' up your own workout depending on your mood or what body part you want to work, i.e. cardio followed by abs or do a class like bootcamp followed by toning etc etc.

I do have some minor complaints - I wear a HRM when exercising and find that my actual calories burnt are MUCH (like 20x) what the Kinect tells me. I also find some of the routines a little monotonous, especially for the 20 minute or longer workouts.

I also have the Dance Central Game but can't seem to get into it...I thought I would love it but I never seem to work up a sweat. Maybe I am just completely unco-ordinated ;-)

I am really keen to try the UFC Personal Trainer programme, anyone got that one?
  • FrauNic
    FrauNic Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Inspired by all of you I bought EA Sports Active 2 and Dance Central 2 yesterday. I want a bit more variation in my workout. Love the Biggest Loser, but doing it everyday makes it boring!
    Can't wait till I have them in my hands!!

A couple of people said that you burn more than the X-box tells you, but I prefer that, better than burning less. Just bad that you can't eat them back then! Any people who tested it with the HRM?
  • swisspea
    swisspea Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I love Dance Central 2! Anyone who has the Zumba (1 or 2), how does it compare? What I like about Dance Central (1 and 2) is that you can really break down the moves to "learn" them "properly", and the fitness mode on Dance Central 2 is fantastic!
  • yesiamaduck
    yesiamaduck Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Anyone with a Kinect without at least one Dance Central game is doing it wrong

Not only is it a good work out, it's the only Kinect game I could say hand on heart is actually really fun... everything else is a bit of a mess and feels like a choir. I often find every other Kinect game getting incredibly boring after a week or so of irregular use & someone put it down to repetition... & whilst that's true to a point I'd say it's because as games they're pretty wank ;)
  • Marks281172
    Marks281172 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I use Your Shape: Fitness Evolved [the first one] and I absolutely LOVE it. I'm considering getting a HRM though because I feel like I am burning so much more than the game tells me I am lol.

Im doing the same (HRM), I do boot camp and after 10 mins of push ups, tyre jumps, squats, wide runs etc.. it says ive used 13 calories.. less than 5 minutes doing a light warm up activity like Stomp it! :)

I love Fitness Evolved 2012, so much variety .. at the moment i chain together Bootcamp, Abs Tone and Burn, Cardio and Cardio Boxing.. great hour long session .. but like i say, the only suspect part is the calorie burning but the HRM will fix that :)