What was your turning point?

Options
2»

Replies

• striveforhealthy
    striveforhealthy Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    When I saw a tagged photo of myself on facebook from a friend's wedding and I didn't even recognize myself. I didn't realize how out of control my weight really was. And I carry my weight in my stomach, so I was asked more than a couple of times when I was due. They would always walk away embarrassed when I told them I wasn't pregnant but it hurt me much more than it hurt them... I think the hardest time was during my weight loss when I was at my 25-30lb weight loss and some woman at the check out asked me when I was due. When I told her I had actually lost 30lbs she didn't know what to say... needless to say it motivated me even more to lose weight.
  • Mandizzlelephant
    Options
    Mine is kind of silly. I lost a ton of weight from being sick and got a ton of compliments. Then, I gained it all back by binge eating because I was so excited to eat again. My roommate and I both weighed ourselves last week and thought we had lost a ton of weight and got crazy excited. Then, I looked at myself in the mirror and realized there was no way my weight was that low. We both weighed ourselves the next day and we had gained 40 pounds overnight! haha. After realizing our scale had broken we bought a new one, reweighed ourselves, and neither of us were happy with the number we saw.