Breakfast ideas!!

Options
124»

Replies

• DreamLittleDarling
    DreamLittleDarling Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    don't know if this is already on here somewhere, cuz I didn't read the whole thread, but this is another super quick and delicious thing I do quite often!

homemade (and hell of alot healthier and tastier) version of the McDonalds Egg Mcmuffin:

put 1/4 egg whites (or just the white from one egg) in a coffee cup and microwave 30-60 seconds, check it after 30, if not done stick it back in for 30 more! SPRAY THE COFFEE CUP WITH NO STICK SPRAY!!!! trust me on that! LOL

1 thomas whole wheat english muffin

1 wedge of laughing cow light creamy swiss

1 slice of precooked bacon

the coffee cup makes hte egg whites round and just the right size for the english muffin, stack it all toegether, spread the cheese on one (or both) half of the muffin, and it's AWESOME! yummy and healthy in less then 5 minutes!
  • krash999
    krash999 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    i like to make a chocolate covered strawberry protein shake in my blender bottle. it is

1 cup skim milk
    1 cup lowfat strawberry yogurt
    1 scoop chocolate protein powder

you can make it at night and sit it in the fridge, just give it a shake in the morning and it is ready to go. it is about 390 calories for the whole 16 oz, so you can probably split it in half and that will work too.
  • jwaitman
    jwaitman Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I leave for work around 6:00 in the morning so the last thing on my mind is eating that early in the day. I keep things at work so I can have my breakfast once I have arrived and gotten settled for the day. I usually keep some milk in the fridge and a box of cereal at work. I also make waffles and pancakes ahead of time and keep in the freezer and keep syrup in my drawer. I also take fruit with me to have as my mid morning snack.

This only works of course if you have the amenities available to store food at work.
  • amybrauch
    amybrauch Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I have had a PB & J the last 2 days. 1 tblsp of natural peanut butter & 1 tblsp of sugar free blackberry jam on wheat bread.
  • aeboone24
    Options
    Where do you get those at Resha?

i have seen luna bars at the dollar tree recently. <3 em
  • cindisandiland
    cindisandiland Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you buy the Nature egg whites or any liquid egg whites - you do not have to take the time to separate.
    Cut up peppers, green onion, or whatever you wish the night before.
    Use Campbells chicken soup broth (the box stuff with the pour spout)
    A little broth in the pan instead of any grease or spray works just as well and you get the added protien and no fat.

soften peppers and onions in broth - simmer with lid while you do something else
    add liquid egg white - cover with lid till ready - add cheese if desired - add salsa on the side = delicious in less than 5 minutes

frozen vegetable combinations in place of the peppers are also an interesting change up.
  • TinaVanHoecke
    Options
    Ezekienl sprouted whole grain english muffin toasted with natural peanut butter and 2 slices of canadian bacon. YUM!
  • cc32676
    cc32676 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    These are all GREAT ideas! I've been living on carnation drinks for the past few months...can't wait to try something new!!