I will never eat pasta again!!!!

Options
KDWS
KDWS Posts: 61 Member
I had pasta with meat sauce and TWO pieces of garlic bread...I was at a funeral all day...and was just starving!! Since I have been doing so much better with my portions and eating this was not a good choice!!! My stomach hurt all night! Next time i will prepare.!!!

Replies

• AMartinez113
    Options
    Everyone falls off and goes off the deep end every once in a while. You have to live. What's important is to get back on the horse and keep with it!

Never again though? Not even in proper portions of whole wheat pasta?
  • TONYAGOOCH
    TONYAGOOCH Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I know you didn't have a choice at the time but when you do have a choice, choose Miracle Noodles or even spaghetti squash in place of the pasta.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Remember that feeling next time and then remember portion size. :drinker:
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    i can't remember the last time i had regular pasta...really i can't
  • paperm313
    Options
    once in a while doesnt hurt, especially since im an italian food fan
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I actually had the exact same thing last night, only I had half a pound of pasta alone. Ate it out of a serving dish instead of a normal sized bowl. It was really delicious but I should have toasted the garlic bread a bit longer.
  • traceracer
    traceracer Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Mmmm...going to have me some pasta tonight!
  • theoneandonlybrookie
    Options
    I eat pasta once a week. Sometimes it's "healthy" pasta made with whole wheat but often it's just plain old Barilla.

I measure it and control my portions. I have never had a problem with it. I'm sure that it is an issue for people with blood sugar problems, but I have no idea about those.

For me, life wouldn't be worth living without the occasional linguine or farfalle!
  • annstimmel
    Options
    Good girl! Pasta will make you Fatty McFatterson. With backfat. And a goiter.
  • nickscutie
    nickscutie Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    no belly ache in the world could make me not want to ever eat pasta again.
  • diddypants
    Options
    I know you didn't have a choice at the time but when you do have a choice, choose Miracle Noodles or even spaghetti squash in place of the pasta.

I actually love using spaghetti squash as a substitute for noodles, and I am not a huge pasta fan. It's great with ground chicken or turkey too. :smile:
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Miracle noodles? Spaghetti Squash? gross....Give me real pasta or give me death
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    I love pasta...I have to have it at least 2 or 3 times a week. And not those fake noodles either.
  • inspirem
    inspirem Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    maybe your body doesn't agree with gluten...pasta and bread have both!
  • Tskitzo
    Tskitzo Posts: 42
    Options
    no belly ache in the world could make me not want to ever eat pasta again.
    This and
    Miracle noodles? Spaghetti Squash? gross....Give me real pasta or give me death
    This xD

I've never had issues with pasta. Maybe it was the garlic bread you ate and not the pasta.
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I assume your stomach hurt because you waited too long to eat and then maybe had too much when you finally did eat. That's OK...you'll know for next time and be more prepared.

However, pasta is not the enemy....especially not whole wheat pasta. :smile:
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti & fettuccine are my kryptonite! I love pasta with butter and garlic.... I just have to stay away from it. My son's hockey team is having a dinner this weekend with both spaghetti and fettuccine alfredo. I am planning on bringing sliced chicken breast to put on the salad. If I have one bite of pasta I will eat a whole bowl! Then the next day I'm craving everything in sight. BAD CARBS! BAD!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I don't get it. Do you have a sensitivity to something that was in the meat sauce or gluten or garlic? It's not like you overate yesterday....
  • deliak2010
    Options
    I agree with some of the other posters- it seems like your body may be rejecting the pasta and bread bc of a possible gluten allergy or something of the sort. If not, then maybe there was something wrong with the food itself and you got some kind of mild food poisoning (I've had many levels of food poisoning unfortunately and it is never fun :/...). But like some other people said, you never need to cut something out COMPLETELY from your life :).. the key is portion control and having it once in a while, in a healthy and wholesome way (tomato sauce w/veggies, olive oil, low fat cheese, whole weat noodles, etc.).

Good luck and I hope you feel better!! :)
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    You know, I don't eat much pasta anymore.. you know why..

shirataki.jpg trust me when I say you can't tell you aren't eating pasta based noodles!!!! They are awesome, hardly any carbs, good protein AND ONLY 20 CALORIES a SERVING.... YES 20 CALORIES.