This is why muscle is awesome.

Options
kekl
kekl Posts: 382 Member
Hi everyone. I've never posted here because I'm still a work in progress with a long way to go. But I figured I would share this with you all because it has made me think about my fitness a bit differently.

Yesterday I was weighed and I was the HIGHEST weight I have ever been... 158 lbs.
....And I didn't really feel bad about it... I was like, "Damn! That is a lot!"
This was ever since I started getting serious about nutrition and exercise in 2010...

tumblr_ly1yx7d6lP1r9v0dx

EDIT (whoops! last one didn't load)
tumblr_ly1zh5RtjY1qjhrcuo1_r1_400.jpg

The very last picture was taken this Tuesday.
Physically, I have gone down a pants size (from 9 to 7), my face has thinned out (a bit hard to see since I make weird faces), lost a few inches elsewhere. Best of all I have so much more confidence, I am WAYY more toned, and WAYYY more fit and athletic.

I am still (and will always be) a work in progress! I would like to decrease my body fat but I'm not too hung up on the lbs as long as I'm losing inches. Even more importantly I want to get stronger :)

The moral of this story:
- the scale doesn't always know all
- and muscle is awesome

Replies

• keesh1123
    keesh1123 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    YES!
  • ratsyroo
    ratsyroo Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    You look great!
    Thanks for the reminder about the scale not always being a good indicator of success. I wanted to chunk mine out the window last week but I can tell I'm more firm and losing inches--and even had someone comment that I looked thinner--despite that non-moving number on the scale.
    Keep up the good work!
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    So true!
    And you are super adorable. lol
  • WonderKP
    WonderKP Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    AWEsome!!! I hope to do the same!
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    That's pretty amazing! I totally need to start lifting... even though I don't wanna.
  • GrahamBarwick
    Options
    great work
  • erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    it is awesome! congrats!
  • coyoteo
    coyoteo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    You have just totally made me stop and re-evaluate. You are beautiful! Congrats on your successes!
  • fab50G
    fab50G Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    The moral of this story:
    - the scale doesn't always know all
    - and muscle is awesome
    [/quote]

Now, that makes me feel a whole lot better!!!! Thank you.
  • Strobins05
    Options
    Super super love this! YES, muscles are great and they look great on you! You look tighter and toned! Great posting, keep inspiring!:flowerforyou:
  • sangelic
    sangelic Posts: 207
    Options
    So true! Thanks for sharing :happy:
  • lgubbels
    lgubbels Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Amazing post. Thanks for sharing! You look fantastic!
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    You look great, congrats! thanks for sharing.. we all need to be reminded about that lying scale :tongue:
  • kekl
    kekl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your kind words! :flowerforyou:
  • Fabnover40Kat
    Fabnover40Kat Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Thank you for reminding me!!!
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    The scale doesn't tell us the whole picture. This is something EVERYONE needs to see and keep in mind. Trimmer with an actual increase on scale. Way to go! You look fantastic.

My brother put on a good 60 lbs of muscle in high school. He was 100 lbs soaking wet when he entered high school. Stays slim and didn't have to watch what he eats at all. Any excess weight he has now is alcohol related. His abs are below his keg as guys today seem to call it. But he didn't really increase size much at all he probably did thicken up around waist a teeny bit in that time.
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look fantastic! So inspiring, glad to have you on my friends list!
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Sure, the muscle is awesome.....

But really it's YOU that are awesome!!!!

You look like a million buck plus change:flowerforyou:
  • Steph62002
    Options
    Muscle IS awesome! You look great!
  • kieva626
    kieva626 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Great message and congrats on your progress! I alwayssss need this reminder since I'm a heavy little person.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!