Discouraged

Options
:frown: 40 lbs to go....ugh! I'm not losing this weight as fast as I'd like. 10 lbs a month is not enough!!! :o(

Replies

• CityOnAHill
    CityOnAHill Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    10 pounds a month is great! Keep up your good hard work. I'm guessing you didn't put it all on at once; it comes off the same way it went on...slowly.

Good luck!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,124 Member
    Options
    Oh, for goodness sake.

10 pounds a month is more than you should be losing.
  • xxkellywxx
    Options
    10lbs a month is fab! :O I would love to lose weight that fast!, keep it up it will happen :D we are all cheering you on! xxx
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    being consistent and keeping at it even when you get discouraged is the biggest obstacle with weight loss. Tackle this while your young because the older you get, the harder it is to lose. 10 lbs in a month is really great. Change it to kilos, then it feels like less and you are not so emotionally connected.
  • Kirkajuice
    Kirkajuice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Want some motivation? I was doing well, 9lbs from goal and hit a plateau. I got discouraged and gave up, I started again a few days ago after about a year of gorging and was 19lbs from goal (17lbs now). If you get discouraged, you'll have to lose it again and it will take even longer! I wish I hadn't been discouraged, I wish I'd realised that I needed to eat more rather than less, but wishing won't get me anywhere.

Don't give up, knowing you've got close to your goal and then managed to get so far away is really frustrating and you'll wonder why you did it!
  • svalsonis
    Options
    It's a lifestyle change not a race! Keep up the hard work! You will be there before you know it!
  • Netso
    Netso Posts: 4
    Options
    Thank you all so much! After getting all your feedback I researched healthy monthly weightloss and everything told me one to two lbs a week is what is normal and healthy. I really appreciate everything you all had to say. It' so nice to know that I have support, even from people that don't even know me :smile: