I will never eat pasta again!!!!

Options

Replies

• skaboom163
    skaboom163 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    You cant deprive yourself. That's how diets fail. Everything in moderation. If you allow yourself a little bit here and there and factor that into your calorie intake for the day your body will not be as likely to crave it (ya know how people always want something they cant have?). Lastly, STOP beating yourself up!!!!!! You wouldn't beat up a friend who fell off the wagon once or twice so why do that to your body?
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Italians eat pasta every day and don't complain of belly ache, and very few are overweight, too!
  • erin_zuk
    erin_zuk Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I don't see what the problem is - OP you only ate 1200 calories.
    your stomach probably hurt because you STARVED yourself all day.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Unless you have a gluten/wheat intolerance there's no reason to swear off pasta.
  • muffintopminx
    muffintopminx Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    SPAGHETTI SQUASH!!!!!!!!!!

It's magical and only about 40 calories for 1 cup.

The flavor is sorta blandish but so are regular noodles. Tastes great when you add whatever sauce.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    I don't get it. Do you have a sensitivity to something that was in the meat sauce or gluten or garlic? It's not like you overate yesterday....

Or didn't log it all.
  • Ambamm77
    Options
    You know, I don't eat much pasta anymore.. you know why..

shirataki.jpg trust me when I say you can't tell you aren't eating pasta based noodles!!!! They are awesome, hardly any carbs, good protein AND ONLY 20 CALORIES a SERVING.... YES 20 CALORIES.

I recommend these too. Just be sure and rinse them a couple of extra times otherwise the taste is a little off.
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I'd claw my eyes out if I had the mindset that I couldn't or shouldn't eat pasta to lose weight.

Portion control is a wonderful thing. :flowerforyou:
  • shalinimunjal
    shalinimunjal Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the whole wheat type? It's got a good amount of protein and fiber. Maybe you have a gluten sensitivity..
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options

shirataki.jpg trust me when I say you can't tell you aren't eating pasta based noodles!!!! They are awesome, hardly any carbs, good protein AND ONLY 20 CALORIES a SERVING.... YES 20 CALORIES.

I recommend these too. Just be sure and rinse them a couple of extra times otherwise the taste is a little off.

Yep, rinse them, dry them off, then microwave them and they taste perfect!
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I had pasta with meat sauce and TWO pieces of garlic bread...I was at a funeral all day...and was just starving!! Since I have been doing so much better with my portions and eating this was not a good choice!!! My stomach hurt all night! Next time i will prepare.!!!

Pasta has it's abilities, keeping you full isn't one of them. I eat it before I run more than 5 miles or before a 5k.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    When I eat fried food or other 'bad' things now, I get the same results. Personally I like that my body rejects bad food (or even too much of something that's 'kinda bad'). Definitely makes it easier the next time to exercise more self control!
  • grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Pasta is a complex carbohydrate and better for you than other forms of carbohydrates. The bread, though, is something you should cut back on.
  • KDWS
    KDWS Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Not a fan of whole wheat pasta...not worth it to me!!!
  • KDWS
    Options
    Good girl! Pasta will make you Fatty McFatterson. With backfat. And a goiter.

OMG too funny and SOOOOOO TRUE!!!!!
  • Strobins05
    Options

Yep, rinse them, dry them off, then microwave them and they taste perfect!
    ^^^ love love these!
  • KDWS
    Options
    Miracle noodles? Spaghetti Squash? gross....Give me real pasta or give me death
    This xD
    I agree!!!
  • 3dimesdown
    Options
    Whole wheat pasta is just gross. I have tried and tried it but I just can't do it. It has a sickening sweet taste to it that is just not right with sauces. I love pasta but I only eat it about once a week so I think that's OK.
  • KDWS
    Options
    I assume your stomach hurt because you waited too long to eat and then maybe had too much when you finally did eat. That's OK...you'll know for next time and be more prepared.

That is exactly what I did and I was rushed cooking dinner so I chose pasta because it is easy..and I was STARVING! I normally have talipia YUM! When the family has pasta!
  • KDWS
    Options
    I don't get it. Do you have a sensitivity to something that was in the meat sauce or gluten or garlic? It's not like you overate yesterday....

I had not eaten since breakfast...the funeral was almost two hours long and then the service at the cemetary...then I had to take kids to dentist pick up other child and get home to eat and then back out to soccer...