just took my "before" pics.....YUCK!

Options
erinl84
erinl84 Posts: 90 Member
I just started my weight loss journey this week. last night my hubby and i took pics of me for my "before" pics. oh my goodness, i am disgusted. all the more motivation for me to keep going i guess. i just cant get over how i look and i am hoping i am successful in losing the weight...im very impatient!

Replies

• lsilly15
    lsilly15 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    set small goals, you'll get there!
  • joeylu
    joeylu Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    My before pic is me sitting next to Santa.......ill let you guess which one of us is fatter :(
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Try to be patient. The weight didn't go on overnight so it won't come off overnight either. But hang in there and it will happen!
  • amandadonovan1986
    Options
    Set a *reasonable* longterm goal then set many short term goals, you can do it!
  • mstankowski
    mstankowski Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am nervous to take my before pics cause I didn't even like the ones I snapped the other day with clothes on. I was going to shoot a before in sports bra and shorty shorts....ugh! I am almost sure it will be gross. But it is more encouragement to work out.
  • xo_morgan
    xo_morgan Posts: 298
    Options
    pshh, i FEEL like my weight comes on overnight! lol i wish it would fall off overnight :/
  • oldsoul918
    oldsoul918 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Did you take measurements as well? You may find you lose inches before weight....I know I did and it kept me motivated.

Best of luck...you can do this!!
  • SheehyCFC
    SheehyCFC Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Don't be disgusted... just use it as motivation. if you are patient and stick to the plan, you'll do great. I look at my before pictures and honestly get SCARED of going back that way... but it just makes me prouder of how far I have come. You'll get there, keep going strong!
  • fj211
    fj211 Posts: 95
    Options
    It all starts with that major realization that you need to work to feel and look better. You're gonna do great!!
  • darls25
    darls25 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I felt the same way with my before pics. I take a pic the first of every month to see the results little by little to keep me motivated. I still hate the first pic though ugh and though I have only lost 7 pounds you can see some small improvements :) Keep working hard and you will see some too :)
  • katsaria
    Options
    Don't be too hard on yourself! Just be consistent and it will come off surely but slowly :) Good luck!
  • applekoko19
    applekoko19 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Well done! That was really brave :) I wish I had done it back when I started I would love to be able to compare now. I am sure you will find it really motivational once the weight starts to shift! Best of luck with your weight-loss! :D
  • Sdthedford
    Options
    Don't be discouraged. It takes time to lose weight and reshape your body. I right there with you. We're doing a before and after challenge on FB with others and I've set my "show all" date for July 14. That's only 6 months! Keep going! And when you start to lose focus, look at that photo. Good LucK!
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    pshh, i FEEL like my weight comes on overnight! lol i wish it would fall off overnight :/

Ditto! I swear I woke up fat one day.
  • juliesauber13
    Options
    I had the same feeling -- but then I realized it's all part of the journey!!! We have to be able to see where we were (and it is NOT ugly. Just maybe not healthy, or we don't feel happy with ourselves physically. But NOT ugly. Humans are not ugly creatures simply based on aesthetics -- only what comes out of our behaviors, thoughts and mouths can be truly ugly)!

I wish I'd had even better before pics, from right after I had my daughter. But, just know that one day you'll look at that picture and have SO MUCH compassion for the person you are, were, and have become!
  • christineorr1
    christineorr1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I took my before pics last weekend! Yuck too! I also took all of my measurements. I was getting upset because it was not falling off of me! LOL I can tell by my clothes I have lost some inches but had no way to compare---will take them again in few weeks. Good luck!
  • Riley4ever
    Riley4ever Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    It's good to be impatient if you can harness that into working out more and eating less :)

There are lots of factors which contribute to the rate at which you're able to lose weight but if you just stick with it and use the great resources on this site and ask for encouragement when you need it, I'm sure you'll do just great. Good Luck!
  • Steph62002
    Options
    Don't be disgusted, use them as motivation!! Just think how you will rock those after pics! :)
  • DownHillCrusg
    DownHillCrusg Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am doing a 12 Week Challenge at my local gym and were required to take professional "before" pics. BOY were they a wake up call for me. They were an serious motivation to drop this weight i have been fighting for a while. I am down 8 lbs in 3 weeks becasue of those pictures.

I can relate
  • alyecat
    alyecat Posts: 28
    Options
    I took my before pics last night using my camera phone. I look ucky! I can't wait until I can be proud of my body! 1 pound lost, 39 to go!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!