30 Day Shred Question

Options
Although everyone seems to be getting good results from this work out, I'm worried about nothing happening for me.
I'm only on day 3 of level one and the only thing that is sore at the moment is my biceps.
I'm actually so sore there that I can't do all the arm exercises all the way through right now when I do the DVD so I tried to focus more on my legs today in hopes that maybe they'll get a bit more "shredded."

Can I still lose inches in my waist and naval even if I'm not feeling sore there? Or am I putting too much importance on being sore?
Also, I've been on a weight loss plateau for several weeks, will this workout knock it on its @$$? Cause I would love that.

Furthermore are these goals reasonable? I just want to lose at least 3 pounds and 2 inches in my waist and 3-4 inches on my waist with this workout. Is that asking for too much?

Replies

• tinalatina
    tinalatina Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    you have just scratched the surface, dont be discouraged. Youll start seeing results by level 2 im sure! and Yes you can still loose inches even though your not feeling sore. :) I dont think the shred helps you lose weight but rather you lose inches. Well at least that was my experiance. This is my second time doing the shred and its easier this time so I dont feel as sore. If it really bothers try upping your weight amount and giving more burst in the plyo movements.

Good luck and happy shredding!!!
  • rblair_22
    rblair_22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    How is your heart rate during the work out? if you don't feel like you're getting a good burn, then move up to the next level. When I was doing this video I tried to space it out and do 10 days of each level, but I started to get bored so I moved up early. That's okay because I felt ready to move to the next level. Level 1 I did feel it more in my arms than anywhere else, But Level 2 and 3 I felt it more in my legs and torso. I only lost 4 lbs, but I did lose a lot of inches and I could start to feel the muscle toning up, especially in my core. It's possible you aren't feeling sore in your legs because you have more lower body strength than you do upper body. I'm not sure if this will help with your plateau, but when I was doing the exercising I didn't eat back my exercise points, but I did eat everything allowed for food. I'm allowed 1400 cal daily w/o exercise. If I didn't exercise that day, I would try to stay around 1200 cal, but when I did this video I would make sure I would eat my entire 1400 cals.
  • hedwighigh
    Options
    I feel like my heart rate gets pretty up there and I'm huffing and puffing while doing the video and I'm sure as heck DRIPPING in sweat by the end of the first round.

Also I try to eat all my calories and I put in the workout as 18 minutes of circuit training but if I feel like I didn't do my complete best, I'll get rid of a minute or two from the exercise time.

I plan on going to the next level either every 10 days or when I can do everything in the level without "fudging" at all.
  • hmc4
    hmc4 Posts: 27
    Options
    I had a question regarding the 30 day Shred as well... Hope you don't mind me tacking it on here.

I just started 30 Day Shred yesterday. I chose to start yesterday since I had plans that I knew would interfere with my normal gym time. Now, my question is - do you 'Shredders' do the 30DS workout on top of a gym day?
    I went to Bootcamp class today - its an hour long. I am pretty sore but just wondering if I should be doing the Shred workout every day, or only do it on days I don't go to the gym.
  • mkath4
    mkath4 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I just started 30 DS as well. I am feeling more sore in my arms, but I think that is because my legs are stronger. Keep going! Level 2 will get harder.
    My plan is to go to the gym 5 mornings a week, and do 30 DS in the evening if I am not too sore. Typically at the gym I do cardio, so I should be fine for 30 Ds in the evenings. Just listen to your body.
  • bella_babe_86
    bella_babe_86 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I had a question regarding the 30 day Shred as well... Hope you don't mind me tacking it on here.

I just started 30 Day Shred yesterday. I chose to start yesterday since I had plans that I knew would interfere with my normal gym time. Now, my question is - do you 'Shredders' do the 30DS workout on top of a gym day?
    I went to Bootcamp class today - its an hour long. I am pretty sore but just wondering if I should be doing the Shred workout every day, or only do it on days I don't go to the gym.

I shred and workout most days. Only because I know that 30ds doesnt melt the pounds away but it does help with inches, I want the pounds gone to so i do other cardio along with it!
  • hmc4
    hmc4 Posts: 27
    Options
    Thanks for the answers!
  • candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    i am on day 7 of level one... in the beginning I didnt feel sore. I have recently started feeling sore. also because within 20-30 mins of completion I have felt like i could do it again, I am doing it 2 times every other day :)
  • kaf330
    kaf330 Posts: 61
    Options
    I started level 2 on Monday, I am amazed how 20 min can kick my a**. I have hit a wall for the last several months and I am hoping that this change in my routine will get me started again. I do what I can for as long as I can, and I found on level 1 by day 4 I was able to do the whole routine. Good luck to us all!
  • DawnMarieMomofTwo
    DawnMarieMomofTwo Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    i think you will be fine, i was not really sore but i do also work out at the gym, my husband was so sore he stopped doing it!! i have already lost an inch off my tummy and have done 12 days! results will come, i think yours are resonable... i havent really been losing weight though just inches. which im ok with
  • marnijojo
    marnijojo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Here is my 30DS experience and advice....for what it is worth...

I did not lose much weight doing the 30DS, but am definitely stronger and more fit....both of which make it worth the time and effort, in my opinion. I did not do the 30DS everyday, though. I mixed it into my other workout routines. If you want to really ramp it up and do both the shred and another workout on the same day, I don't think it is any different than doing anyother double workouts - just more energy spent and hopefully faster weight loss. Good luck!!
  • hedwighigh
    Options
    If you're only doing the 30 day shred then how many times should you do it a week?
    I'm trying to do it five times a week atm so that I can go up a level around every two weeks.
    However, next week I may only be able to do it four times a week.
    Also, when did you start seeing results? After level 1? Five days?