Training for a 10k?

Options
Is anyone else on here training for a 10k? When and where is it? Mine is 15th April in Warrington, near Liverpool and the next is in Manchester on 20th May.

I did one last year, and have done half marathons in the past, but my fitness levels are way down at the minute so trying to get them up!

Would love to befriend anyone in a similar position, to share tips / help motivate each other etc. Please feel free to add me :)

Replies

• pabrown262
    Options
    :smile: I am actually training for a marathon. I don't think it really matters the distance because the problems are still the same. Some days I simply don't want to run. The scary part is I am in the beginning of the program!!! I have run several halfs and lots of 10k's. The physical part of training is the easy part the hard part is the mental. Any time you need a boost let me know I am here and understand completly.
  • SomeMorr
    SomeMorr Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I am training for a 10k on March 31st! I am totally not in shape but I at least want to get to the point where I can jog most of it instead of having to be in the slow walkers wave of people!