Why cant I loose weight or inches ???????

Options
Hi i have just logged back in after a while off, i have been eating healthy apart from over the xmas lol. Also i have been exercising a lot. But for some reason im no dropping any weight or inches. Any advice would be greatfull.

My basic daily food

breakfast no hungry a lot of the time but when I do its 2 bits of toast and coffee or weetabix.

Lunch veg soup or sandwich

Dinner grilled chicken salad

Snacks fruit or snack bar

Excersise
Mon jogging at least half hour
Wed 2 exercise classes
Thur jogging at least half hour (not every week)
Sat 1 exercise class

Replies

• lipglossjunky73
    lipglossjunky73 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    You must incorporate strength training - that is the only thing that does it for me.

Strength training with heavy weights - work to failure - at least 3 sets of 8-10 reps
  • crazycat80
    crazycat80 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you logging? Looking at your generic menu it doesn't look you may be getting enough calories each day.
  • LJC44
    LJC44 Posts: 221
    Options
    Hi i have just logged back in after a while off, i have been eating healthy apart from over the xmas lol. Also i have been exercising a lot. But for some reason im no dropping any weight or inches. Any advice would be greatfull.

My basic daily food

breakfast no hungry a lot of the time but when I do its 2 bits of toast and coffee or weetabix.

Lunch veg soup or sandwich

Dinner grilled chicken salad

Snacks fruit or snack bar

Excersise
    Mon jogging at least half hour
    Wed 2 exercise classes
    Thur jogging at least half hour (not every week)
    Sat 1 exercise class

Number one, you should always eat breakfast! It is honestly very impotant and it jump-starts the metabolism. Even if you are not hungry, at least eat something small like fruit, oatmeal, or a few eggs! About 5 years ago I found that when I went to this plan: Breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner.....it helped out alot! I lost inches and fat quickly! There are people that say that plan is goofy but for me it worked. The foods you eat are also important. Make sure you include fiber and PROTEIN! The exercise seems ok but if you have been doing the same routines, change them up!
  • LJC44
    Options
    And add strength training as mentioned already!!! It truly helps with losing inches!
  • Emilia6909
    Emilia6909 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    It's can be soul destroying when those darn lbs wont drop! Looking at your eating plan, I'd say you're not eating enough. Try having a cuppa in the morning with a plain slice of toast just to get your metabolism kick started for the day. I see that when I log my food on tracker on MFP, it does tell me that if I don't consume all my calories, my body could go into starvation mode.

Good luck !
  • lipglossjunky73
    lipglossjunky73 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I do not fdall into the "you are not eating enough" mindset. You are probably either eating the wrong things, or not doing the right exercise to get you the results you want.

I once gained weight instead of losing because I was told I wasn't eating enough. Turns out I was eating just fine - just all the wrong things!

OK looking at your fitness schedule -

Jogging must be done to the point where you are getting a good burn. No on and off trotting - you need to maintain a pace and stick with it
    What is going on in these exercise classes?
    You occasionally run an extra day

Looks like you are just not working out enough. That and you are eating high sodium things which will make you retain water - I don't see enough fresh vegetables, salads, or fruit. And you must eat breakfast - it sets the tone for the day! You might be doing some mindless snacking here and there that you are not paying attention to - especially if you are skipping breakfast.
  • LJC44
    Options
    My suggestion for cardio at least twice a week are intervals. I promise you will see results if you do intervals on a cardio machine! Unless you are already doing them now??
  • StephanieHolloway
    Options
    I don't think you are eating eough!
  • ammiehill79
    ammiehill79 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I jump started my weight lose with the AdvoCare 24 day Challenge=amazing!!!!!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    My best piece of advice to you is to ignore anyone giving advice with a "Joined January 2012" under their name.

Breakfast isn't necessary if it's not for you. It doesn't "jump start your metabolism." I never eat anything more than a banana and an oat bar and even those I don't have until around 9-10am. Yet apparently my metabolism is starting just fine.

The food you ate the day before does not magically leave your system at midnight. If you aren't hungry in the morning don't feel like you have to eat just because someone told you to.

Watch your calories and your macros, exercise, drink water and work to keep your numbers close to what MFP recommends. As you keep at it you can find what works for you. Follow what the site recommends and long term users who've had success tell you and you'll do great!
  • k7n2w3
    k7n2w3 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    With how much on some days you are working out (as in 2 exercise classes the one day) you might not be eating enough. Your body starts thinking "omg i'm working really hard today, i better save these calories in case she works out tomorrow like this". you might want to vary your calorie intake depending on the workout intensities so your body also doesnt get stuck on the same foods as well. Hope that was helpful :-)

SW 155.1
    GW and CW 112.0
  • JoyWoodruff
    JoyWoodruff Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    All of the above is right, use some weight training as well as cardio. Also.. what EXACTLY are you eating? You mentioned christmas eating, but I cannot see your diary so Im not sure. It could be either not enough food, or youre portion sizes aren't correct. You may want to watch portion sizes, as well as your water intake. Keep in mind if you are already using weights, it could be a matter of breaking through a plateau because your muscles will show a gain on scale but be a good thing because you are gaining muscle not fat; but that will go down, just takes time for muscles to adjust.
  • LJC44
    Options
    Not here to argue and tell you my advice is the absolute right way to go. I believe I said it worked for me. I absolutely believe breakfast is important in my opinion. No need for rudeness from people who joined on "Jul 2011".
  • shelley234
    shelley234 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Thanks, One off the classes has weight training but I think I will add some in my self too. thanks
  • shelley234
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your help, I will try all suggestions. I suppose it all trail and error and what works for me. Im very commited and am willing to put the hard work in.

Thank you everyone its much appreciated
  • shelley234
    Options
    I do not fdall into the "you are not eating enough" mindset. You are probably either eating the wrong things, or not doing the right exercise to get you the results you want.

I once gained weight instead of losing because I was told I wasn't eating enough. Turns out I was eating just fine - just all the wrong things!

OK looking at your fitness schedule -

Jogging must be done to the point where you are getting a good burn. No on and off trotting - you need to maintain a pace and stick with it
    What is going on in these exercise classes?
    You occasionally run an extra day

Looks like you are just not working out enough. That and you are eating high sodium things which will make you retain water - I don't see enough fresh vegetables, salads, or fruit. And you must eat breakfast - it sets the tone for the day! You might be doing some mindless snacking here and there that you are not paying attention to - especially if you are skipping breakfast.

Hi not sure what you mean by high sodium, I think it might be a thing I should change as I am constantly feeling bloated..
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I would suggest opening up your diary so we could have a look. I know you gave us a basic rundown but with out seeing what you're logging in your diary it's hard to speculate what could be the problem. I know you said you had taken a break and you're just now getting back. My advice would be to -

1 - invest in a food scale
    2 - log everything down to the smallest bite in your diary
    3 - eat all your exercise calories back
    4 - try to eat a variety of foods....and plenty of fruits and veggies
    5 - drink water!!!! (I am so bad at this myself)
    6 - watch your sodium

And just give it time...if you are doing everything correctly the weight will come off. Best of luck!
  • crewsicka
    crewsicka Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    eat breakfast.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    undereating.
  • shelley234
    Options
    I would suggest opening up your diary so we could have a look. I know you gave us a basic rundown but with out seeing what you're logging in your diary it's hard to speculate what could be the problem. I know you said you had taken a break and you're just now getting back. My advice would be to -

1 - invest in a food scale
    2 - log everything down to the smallest bite in your diary
    3 - eat all your exercise calories back
    4 - try to eat a variety of foods....and plenty of fruits and veggies
    5 - drink water!!!! (I am so bad at this myself)
    6 - watch your sodium

And just give it time...if you are doing everything correctly the weight will come off. Best of luck!

Iv opened up my profile so everyone can have a look.