Embarassing Problem...

Options
Wondering if I'm alone here... Ever since I started working out and eating healthy, I've become very, umm, gassy. :blushing:

Has anyone else experienced that? Any great ideas on stopping it? I'm wondering if its the fruits and veggies or taking in more air from breathing heavy when I work out? LOL I have no idea but it is definitely a downside to losing weight!

Replies

• EuroDriver12
    EuroDriver12 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    perfectly normal... everytime i change my diet.. wether for bulking or cutting i get gassy like crazy haha thankfully most guys i work with workout too so we all know how we feel n "releave" the pressure.. haha goes away after month or two once ur stomach adjusts...
  • Kayla165
    Kayla165 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Wondering if I'm alone here... Ever since I started working out and eating healthy, I've become very, umm, gassy. :blushing:

Has anyone else experienced that? Any great ideas on stopping it? I'm wondering if its the fruits and veggies or taking in more air from breathing heavy when I work out? LOL I have no idea but it is definitely a downside to losing weight!

I have had the same problem. I have always had gas well everyone does but now they are really stinky. I am starting to offend my husband and that is hard to do.
  • Slove009
    Slove009 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    The fiber from the extra veggies sometimes will do it. I have to know I'm going to be alone the rest of the day if I eat broccolli.... :bigsmile:
  • SeekingKarma
    SeekingKarma Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    yes especially last night....I had eggs
  • lovemydrmartens
    lovemydrmartens Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    give it time... your body may be adjusting... I was constipated for the first two weeks...:laugh:
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Im opposite! when I eat crappy i get that way!
  • nnapieralski
    nnapieralski Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I think it happens to everyone who changes their diet. =)
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    it's probably the increase in fiber. If it is, you'll adjust :)
  • rieson
    rieson Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    That is normal and especially with the increased fiber with some people. Fruits can be another culprit:)
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I cut out white carbs and it helped me.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

It's probably the air.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Probably just getting used to new foods. I actually got super constipated when I changed my eating habits at first. You'll get used to it. :)

Do you eat beans, drink soda?
  • Laceybaby1967
    Laceybaby1967 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Yup....it happens....I had to adjust my fruit intake, changing it up from apples (my worst culprit) to other fruits....
  • cathynicolette
    cathynicolette Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I just started trying to eat better(again) this week and last and was horrible over the weekend. I think I heard a nutritionist say the best thing was to make sure you chew everything really well. Chew until there is nothing to chew. I don't know how much it will help with the problem but it definitely won't hurt any to do this.
  • yjdekle
    yjdekle Posts: 12
    Options
    I've noticed that I'm having the same problems, especially after dinner. And I've also noticed I'm not quite as regular.
  • delineated
    delineated Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    For me it was when I increased my fiber intake. SPECIALLY dark greens like collards and broccoli. Broccoli gas is BRUTAL.
  • golope
    golope Posts: 54
    Options
    Probably just getting used to new foods. I actually got super constipated when I changed my eating habits at first. You'll get used to it. :)

Do you eat beans, drink soda?

I cut out all soda and I'm not a big bean fan. I occasionally have them if I eat chili or a mexican dip of some kind but thats pretty rare.
  • golope
    Options
    Yup....it happens....I had to adjust my fruit intake, changing it up from apples (my worst culprit) to other fruits....

I have been eating a lot of apples...
  • Enchantedpoetess
    Options
    Alot of vegis are gassy too. Broccoli, cauliflower and onions just to name a few. Excersize is a natural gas expellant LOL Try Beano, or tea for digestion or both that should work at eliminating the problem. This might sound gross, but stretches for your abdomen should help it get worked out faster too so it won't get trapped. Its always better to release the gas in the privacy of your own home than hittin the gym and reaching the sonic boom level LOL
  • golope
    Options
    Thanks everyone for making me feel like a normal person! :laugh: