Fast Food for Lunch Ideas

Options

Replies

• Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    I do not do fast food...I can't resist the temptation yet.
  • crrc78
    crrc78 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'm totally addicted to Chipotle. You can use the nutrition calulator BEFORE you go to build the healthiest option - I get a salad (skip the dressing) with black beans, fajita veggies, chicken, salsa and a sprinkle of cheese for under 400 calories and it has so much flavor! No matter what fast food you get, be sure to drink lots of water since its loaded with sodium.
    http://chipotlefan.com/index.php?id=nutrition_calculator
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I just had two Taco Bell Fresco Chicken Soft Tacos for 150 calories each. But drink a ton of water cuz the sodium is crazy! Definately would not do that everyday.
    I agree with this....and also about the sodium...its out of this world at ANY fast food place. If you aren't tracking sodium in your diary..make sure you're doing so, as this might help you make different choices for sure!

(edit)....and PLAN AHEAD....don't enter it in after you eat. When you know where you're going, look it up online before and make a decision about what you will get..then stick to it (no matter what other yummy bad thing looks good when you get there). Its much easier if you know what you're dealing with ahead of time.
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I will do Fazolis a kids meal fettucine alfredo and I always ask for the sauce on the side. I barely use half the sauce. Then I will eat maybe one breadstick.
  • teardrop4one
    Options
    I would reccomend making a list of the places that are near you that you go to for lunch and check each places menu and nutrition information and figure out what you should order depending on which place you go to. Almost every place has a relatively healhty option, you just need to do the legwork to figure out what option that is.
  • whitneyrsmith
    whitneyrsmith Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I agree with the Wendy's options, and the Jason's Deli. You may also try McAlister's, if you have one nearby? It's like a Jason's. I have found sometimes as well that I want to go out with the girls for lunch, so they will pick the day before where they are going. I will look at a menu the night before and try and find something somewhat healthy, and if I can't, I'll take my own little lunch and still be able to join them!

It kinda sucks seeing them eat delicious food, buuuuut "NOTHING tastes as good as skinny feels" :)
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I have found something I can order/modify at a bunch of fast food places, allow me to share:

Carl's: Teriyaki Chicken sandwich, hold the mayo, ask for the lettuce wrap. Just under 300
    Wendy's: Grilled chicken sandwich, pull off one of the buns. Also under 300.
    Pollo: Chicken salad, sub light dressing for regular, use the fork-dip technique and come in around 300.
    Subway: sweet onion chicken teriyaki, no dressing except the onion sauce and load up the veggies. Also strip away excess bread. Around 400-ish.
    Waba Grill/Flame Broiler(same thing essentially): teriyaki chicken and veggies bowl, brown rice, only eat half of the rice.

Anyplace that makes burgers, hold mayo and cheese, and pull off one of the buns. This move saves 300-400 calories (100 for mayo, 100 for cheese, 100-200 for the bun depending on its size)

hth
  • akossen
    akossen Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Whenever we are on the go and I just have to get fast food, I always get a kids meal!
  • I_get_fit
    I_get_fit Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    here's the nutrition for panera bread: http://www.paneranutrition.com/
  • GreenEyedGrl86
    Options
    I've found it's all about making the right choice. If I go to McDonalds I get their grilled chicken caesar salad and maybe a small fry. By the time dinner rolls around I usually have around 1,000 cals left so it gives me some leeway.
  • FrozenTundra511
    FrozenTundra511 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    In and Out Protein Style Double burger......right around 500 cal. Certainly not a daily thing but once in awhile won't kill ya :-)
  • nuviag
    nuviag Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    mcdonalds honey mustard warp hoel the cheese extra lettuce grilled not cripsy

thats about it for me and I rarely go

kids meals now less calories bcus of the apple dippers might be a godo one too

i know some people are anti fast food all the way but i have it sometimes
  • jimthix10
    Options
    I often will do Culver's when I eat out. They have grilled chicken sandwich and mashed potatoes- pretty filling and only 450 calories. Much better option than most of what is available.
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    wendy's ultimate grilled chicken sandwich (no sauce), chick fil a grilled chicken (no sauce) & a side of fruit, zaxby's grilled chicken sald (no cheese & no fried onions), capt d's shrimp skewers are also very yummy, drink lots of water ....even Subway is sodium loaded
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Wahoo's Fish Tacos! The other places have their fish fried, but Wahoo's does grilled, or you can go for other things like chicken or mushrooms. Their calorie content is VERY reasonable and the food is so tasty. You can do the tacos with rice and beans, all of which is pretty healthy and they even have a brown rice option, or you could go for the salad which comes with fish, guacamole, and lots of good stuff and is something like 270 calories. <3
  • nuviag
    nuviag Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    awesome ideas thanx
    I have found something I can order/modify at a bunch of fast food places, allow me to share:

Carl's: Teriyaki Chicken sandwich, hold the mayo, ask for the lettuce wrap. Just under 300
    Wendy's: Grilled chicken sandwich, pull off one of the buns. Also under 300.
    Pollo: Chicken salad, sub light dressing for regular, use the fork-dip technique and come in around 300.
    Subway: sweet onion chicken teriyaki, no dressing except the onion sauce and load up the veggies. Also strip away excess bread. Around 400-ish.
    Waba Grill/Flame Broiler(same thing essentially): teriyaki chicken and veggies bowl, brown rice, only eat half of the rice.

Anyplace that makes burgers, hold mayo and cheese, and pull off one of the buns. This move saves 300-400 calories (100 for mayo, 100 for cheese, 100-200 for the bun depending on its size)

hth
  • JanineHarrison
    JanineHarrison Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I know this isn't exactly what your asking but when I actually want fast food (McDonald's, Zaxby's, Chic-fil-a, etc), french fries and all I get a kids meal. Its still not nutritional but it kills the urge, isn't detrimental to my calorie bank, and its already smaller portioned so i don't say I'm only going to eat a few fries and then suddenly they are gone.
  • subsonickharma
    Options
    I like to treat myself sometimes to a medium/small fry from McDonald's they are so delicious. Near me I will also go to Primo's hoagies. The small Italian Diablo is about 400 calories. Just need to stay away from the cookies as they are about 100 a piece if not more but ridiculously delicious. Sometimes, I will get the cookie and save it to the end of the night and have it as a treat if I have the calories left over.
  • strapple
    strapple Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    mcdonalds happy meals only set you back 240 cals if you get chicken nuggets and the new 100cal serving of fries!
  • Hotrodhoodlum
    Options
    Subway lies on Calories eaten
    I would say Subway has to be one of the healthiest as long as you do it the right way and they usually have the calories of their healthiest sandwiches listed.