let's all be honest here...

Options

Replies

• Kissybiz
    Kissybiz Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Honestly, when I first signed up I didn't even realize that those sections existed on the profile. Guess I wasn't paying any attention - I imagine I'm not alone.

Not at all... I was on here for months before filling that out, using the message boards, etc... logging food was what was important to me when I first started and that's pretty much all I did.

Same here. Then when I did fill it out it started out pretty empty for months.

I did the same thing. When I first joined last year, I was just tracking my calories and exercise, I didn't even get into the social aspect of it. That didn't last very long either. When I decided to re-visited this site about a year later, I then filled everything out and really enjoy being involved with the message boards, adding friends, and all that. It's so motivating. I wish I had realized that a year ago... I'd be so much further along!

I came here to log food, network, and share/learn on the forum. I couldn't care less about how full a persons profile is
  • BanjoKd
    BanjoKd Posts: 150
    Options
    Running from this thread.....hope i burn some calories :)
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    What about the people whose profiles are set to private? You can't read theirs anyways........
  • ARDuBaie
    ARDuBaie Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    So, some people are mindreaders and can read the minds of people who don't fill out their profiles and determine they are not serious.

As Spock would say, "That's illogical".
  • heartshines
    heartshines Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    That's not being honest..that's being rude. As you get older, (i see you are only 20) you need to learn to be tactful.
    This site is to help you lose weight..not a single's site. Otherwise, you are on the wrong site.
    I first got this app on my phone and these sections are NOT on your phone to update, neither are the message blogs. If they are, I have not seen them.
    Some use the site/app as a weight loss tool..not a social networking site.

Don't throw stones unless you are prepared to take a few hits!

We are here by choice...meaning we will do things by choice...not because someone said I should!
  • misslolachobble
    Options
    i agree. An empty profile indicates that you're not serious about this. Same with lacking a profile picture. In this day and age, there's no reason not to have a profile picture.

How on earth do you come to that conclusion? I am deadly serious, but dont feel the need to write anything in those little boxes and if people wont friend me because of that ,well thats their hard luck :smile:
  • Kissybiz
    Kissybiz Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Honestly, when I first signed up I didn't even realize that those sections existed on the profile. Guess I wasn't paying any attention - I imagine I'm not alone.

Not at all... I was on here for months before filling that out, using the message boards, etc... logging food was what was important to me when I first started and that's pretty much all I did.

I came here to log food, network, and share/learn on the forum. I couldn't care less about how full a persons profile is

I did the same thing. When I first joined last year, I was just tracking my calories and exercise, I didn't even get into the social aspect of it. That didn't last very long either.

When I decided to re-visit this site about a year later, I then filled everything out and really enjoy being involved with the message boards, adding friends, and all that. It's so motivating. I wish I had realized that a year ago... I'd be so much further along!
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I just think the fact that said-person made the decision to come here and make things right for theirself by monitoring and tracking food and exercise is enough of a motivation to show they are serious. A profile doesnt determine that. I have a few people in my friend's list who have their profile empty - and thats their choice... they dont have to disclose why... but it definitely does not indicate they arent serious..

Why make that assumption?
  • ajevans2674
    ajevans2674 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Me too! It took me almost a month to realize I should take advantage of the community section and fill out my bio. Counting calories can't be everything!

• JudyL5305
    JudyL5305 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I wasn't the only one. I was on here for about 6 months then I decided to get back on here and use the site for everything it has to offer. I started using the forums and then about a week ago I realized there was all things on the profile to fill out .I had no clue! So mine is all filled out if anyone wants to friend me! Feel free!
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    They say that life's a carousel
    Spin it fast you gotta ride it well
    The world is full of kings and queens
    Who blind your eyes and steal your dreams
    They'll tell you black is really white
    The moon is just the sun at night
    And when you walk through golden halls
    You get to keep the gold that falls
  • JoyWoodruff
    JoyWoodruff Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    LOL
  • Leo247
    Leo247 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to upload a pic to my profile but it won't work :-(
  • ARDuBaie
    ARDuBaie Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    With all due respect, if you have to say, "Forgive me if this comes off rude" ... that means you're probably being rude. Maybe people don't want to broadcast their personal information all over the interwebs for all to see.

If they had a thumbs-up feature, I would give you 20.
  • runbyme
    runbyme Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Thank you for that! I haven't taken the time but will as soon as I get home!
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    i dont really care if they have anything filled out at all... if they need a friend and reach out to me or are looking thru the boards for friends, I'll be your friend! everybody starts some place and support keeps all of us going.
  • monkeymomof3
    monkeymomof3 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Yes, I know as someone who is "serious" I had mine filled out day one....wait, I didn't, they still aren't...I workout 3-6 days/week, am doing the best I can to get through my last 10-15 lbs after 3 kids (which seems to be near impossible) and love coming to the forums to get tips, see success stories etc....Good job judging! and completely stereotyping people because of something as unimportant as a field on a profile on a fitness website. People pulling that crap is probably part of the reason why the people you are judging "fail". I could fill mine out with the same generic info everyone has on theirs...we're ALL here to be healthier, look better, feel better....we're all college students, or new moms, or getting older, etc....we're all here for the same thing! what would you like to see on there?
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    forgive me if this comes off a little rude, buuuuuuut,

seriously, if you post in the forums and ask for friends because you're new or you're just "starting to decide to finally get serious"… and you can't take 30 seconds to edit your profile and type in anything, ANYTHING at all in either of those little innocent sections, then what makes us think you're serious about being here? a little bit of extra effort goes a long way around here, ya know?!?

okay, end rant. g'day =D

Pretty presumptuous to assume that just because somebody doesn't fill out those sections that they're not serious. I was here about 6 months before I uploaded a picture and about 8 months before I filled in those sections.
  • JazzberryJam
    Options
    I added the app on my mobile phone first and was just logging in food and exercise through that. I didn't even go on the website til a few weeks later and noticed profile stuff. It is a lot better using message boards/news feeds/having friends but having the app to login food was also very helpful!
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Counting calories can't be everything!

ahh but it is.. a single minded, determined focus to channel my anger at the fast food industry that has been trying to do me in for years. directing my wrath at those pounds that seek to weaken me, to destroy the natural harmony that I was born with. No distraction will deter me from this my goal to wrestle every dollar back that they have enticed out of my pocket, every pound that they have seduced onto my frame through my ignorance. I will take my vengence upon an uncaring society and industry that has no shame on how many lives, young or old, that they destroy with thier product...

oh and I just haven't found anything worth putting in those fields too :D