JAZZERCISE!

Options
Does anyone else attend Jazzercise classes? I've been doing it for a while, but would love more friends who also do it! Friend request me if you do.

If you're not doing it and want a fun exercise - you should join!! You burn 600 calories/class and it is so fun!

Replies

• Stephie_W
    Stephie_W Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Recently, a friend bought me their 12 Days of Christmas special, which is 12 sessions for $20. I've gone 3 times so far and I really enjoy it. I'm debating if I should join or not. For 2012 my employer is implementing a pay cut (on top of the ones we already took in 2010 and 2011), and our healthcare costs are going up. So I'm trying to decide to if I can really afford it.

How long have you been going, and what kind of results of you gotten? How often do you go?
  • sfergie
    sfergie Posts: 10
    Options
    I go to Jazzercise!!! I’ve been going pretty regular (at least 4 days a week) for the past 3 weeks! I’m really enjoying it this time! Plus, with keeping track of my calories on MFP I’ve lost a few pounds and notice a difference in my clothes! I wear a heart rate monitor so that my calorie burn is accurate, and I go right after work at 4:30pm! Over Christmas break I actually attended one of the classes TWICE in one day just to see how much I could burn! I’ve got about 50 lbs to lose so I’m excited and feeling very motivated (if that’s the word you want to use) this time! :smile:
  • tx714
    tx714 Posts: 6
    Options
    sfergie - that's awesome!! On Saturday mornings I usually go to 2 classes to get an extra burn!

Uterno - It is A LOT of fun! The classes are great, but I also have the DVDs that I use at home if I can't make it to class. I found them on Amazon for around $12 each if you can't afford the monthly membership - I know it's getting pricy. If you can, I definitely recommend going! I've been going off and on for 3 years but have now committed to going 5-6 days/week. I was doing it twice a day last summer and lost 15 pounds in 3 weeks. Jazzercise definitely works and it's so much fun!
  • regcal966
    regcal966 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I love Jazzercise!! I have been going for about 2-3 months. I think that is the only reason I've lost weight, I've already paid for the classes so I HAVE to go. I've lost 22 pounds in that time. The songs are great also. I haven't tracked how much calories I've burned but I know it has to be alot. I'm always sweating alot by the end of class.
  • smbrooks404
    smbrooks404 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I love Jazzercise! I used to do it about 10 years ago then stopped but got back into it this past February. I really look forward to going to class every day...unlike how I felt about going to the gym ;-(. JC has really given me back my desire to work out, sweat, burn calories. I feel like my clothes are fitting better already just doing it for a few months going a few times a week but I just recently started going 5-6 times a week...so I should definitely start seeing even more results soon.

I also got even more motivated this week when I happened to see an old picture of the owner / instructor, showing her transformation, and she was at least 100 lbs larger before Jazzercise. I was truly inspired!
    :flowerforyou: