Adulthood????

Options
2»

Replies

• Phoenix1401
    Phoenix1401 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    *sigh* I should let it go....maybe I should put all the energy of the anger and push into my workouts.
    It's so hard to do it but I should :ohwell:
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I agree with others here. I was bullied severely, but have accepted friend requests from the people who bullied me and I occasionally talk to them or comment on their statuses. Thing is, they've grown up. Many are mothers and fathers, and all have come a long way. Many are still not the kind of people I'd hang around with, but it's nice to catch up.
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    I went to my class reunion and this girl that was horrible to me in High School came running up and gave me this huge hug like we were best friends. She was always threatening to beat me up and teasing me. Then only 5 years later, we are just the best friends in the world. It has now been another 20 years and she wants to be friends on facebook and acts like high school was the best time in our lives.

I really don't think the kids in high school have a clue how much they hurt each other. My girls have gone thorugh the same things. I tell them, just wait in a few years these people will think you are the best friend they ever had. You can't get too excited about it. Just let these people live in their delusions and laugh at how ridiculous they are.
  • CouchSpud
    CouchSpud Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Ignore, and don;t pick your sweet and smart little brain about them. They obviously don't see their behaviour back then as wrong and you don't need to collect friends on FB. Nothing wrong with a small but selected friends list
  • pinkydemon
    pinkydemon Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    hmm to be honest, I haven't read all the answers, I would say ignore them.

Why would I want to be friends with a person that I haven't had anything in common during HS anyway and that was never interested in me or what I think or do.

But then I tend to ignore those people from school when I see them on the street and they do the same with me so I think the feeling is mutual.