low carb low sugar meal or snacks

2»

Replies

• jnbud2002
    jnbud2002 Posts: 216

http://eatingwelllivingthin.wordpress.com/ is a low carb recipe site, I have not tried the recipes yet but it is on my list.

Checked it out and everything looks delicious! Keep up the good work with the weightloss!
  • noahsark1962
    noahsark1962 Posts: 1 Member
    Tuna melt= Half can of drained tuna (packed in water),a slice of toast and a slice of American cheese.20 seconds in the microwave.
  • eve7166
    eve7166 Posts: 218 Member
    my husband does very low carb too so i look for receipes online... heres one of his fav: (please note this is NOT low on calories lol)

PIZZA (low carb)

INGREDIENTS
    •4 ounces cream cheese (I used Philadelphia brand low-fat)
    •2 eggs (or 1/2 cup egg whites or substitute)
    •1/4 cup parmesan cheese, 1 ounce
    •1/4 teaspoon oregano or Italian seasoning
    •1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
    •8 ounces Italian cheese blend or mozzarella cheese, shredded (low-fat is fine, do not use fat free)
    •Pizza sauce (i leave it off ), cheese, and toppings

DIRECTIONS

1.Preheat oven to 375
    2.Beat the cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Add the eggs and beat until well-blended. Beat in the parmesan and seasonings.
    3.Stir in the mozzarella
    4.Spread the mixture evenly in a 9"x13" baking dish. Use either a glass dish sprayed with Baker's Joy or a metal dish lined with parchment paper, otherwise it will stick.
    5.Bake for 20-30 minutes, until evenly browned but not burnt.

6. let the crust cool completly (this is my own note..after rearchig this i found it makes a crispier crust)

7.Spread the crust with sauce, then the cheese and toppings of your choice. Bake at 375 about 15-20 minutes or until toppings are bubbly. Let stand a few minutes before cutting.

NUTRITION

(Per 1/8 of the pizza, crust only, using low-fat cream cheese, low-fat cheese, and omega-3 enriched whole eggs)

136 calories, 9g fat, 2g carbohydrates, 12g protein
    Per 1/4 pizza:
    272 calories, 18g fat, 4g carbohydrates, 24g protein
  • 1 package sugar free jello (any flavor) make it per directions.
    Let sit till it is about 1/2 way set.
    Add 1 container of vanilla greek low fat yogurt.

4 servings
    40 calories
    4g of protien.

I just make it into 2 servings lol... 80 cal. 8g protien

really yummy
  • Hi. Im on a low carb diet to. Iv been eating lots of meat, fish and eggs with salad. Also if you go on http://lowcarbdiets.about.com there is lots of recipes for meals and desserts you can make, I'm gonna make the strawberry cheesecake tomorrow :P
  • YouAreTheShit
    YouAreTheShit Posts: 510 Member
    Pepperoni pizza hold the dough, hold the sauce

HAHA. Sorry could not help but laugh at that one.

Don't laugh... http://yourlighterside.com/recipe-the-original-cauliflower-pizza-dough-2/
  • BuffLoveWinning
    BuffLoveWinning Posts: 68 Member
    Your protein shake plus one pudding mix... I like chocolate over vanilla and use jay robs protein all natural chocolate in Choco... Vanilla in vanilla .... And you get quite a lot I put them into tiny Tupperware with lids. Great snack.

They sell this stuff now pre made for like 26 bucks what
    A rip.
  • fireballaaa
    fireballaaa Posts: 69 Member
    Thanks to everyone that sent me sites and reciepe's very helpful.

Thanks again

Theresa:bigsmile: