For all the *actual* dog lovers out there...

Options

Replies

• meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    .......no outfit is complete without dog hair.

You have jack russells too, then?

I love my dogs. They're complex, stubborn, friendly, bouncy, endlessly optimistic and demonstrate for everyone why the idiom is 'dogged determination'. They're brilliant companions, great for a cuddle, and just all round fab.
  • Staceydoodles
    Options
    This week we have my housemates parents Yorkshire terrier staying with us, I've never played ball so much! Either she's surprisingly hard to tire out for a small dog, or I'm a lot less fit than first assumed!! I'll miss her when she goes back. Xx
  • mikki629
    Options
    We have a white toy poodle, a little over a year old, named Snowball (per my daughter).

I think if I ever got a dog, I would get a standard poodle. I'm more of a cat person, but every poodle (no matter the 'size') I've met just seems so smart, well behaved, and just all around awesome. :happy:
  • jnchorn
    jnchorn Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I love all dogs, but have a special place in my heart for Golden Retrievers. About the most gentle, smart, playful and sweet woofers on the planet. I'm on my third now. Boys and girls: meet Eric:

7179225_764.jpg

You will never see him without a tennis ball. Seriously. Never. I kid you not.

I have a three year old Golden named Miley. She is my sunshine I love her to pieces. If I knew how to add a photo in my reply I would. :) She loves tennis balls and frisbees and is always smiling.
  • kellz330
    kellz330 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    5943701536_a041c1f919.jpg

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my dog. Some would say obsessed... But if you knew him like I do you would feel the same! He is the best dog ever, I dont even have to leash him he just follows me around everywhere and I swear he can understand english. Plus he actually listens! (a trait not shared by many of my previous pups). I sometimes get teary eyed just thinking about what I will do when he is gone and he is only 6! He is everything to me, he was there for me like no human could be during bad times, never wondering why i was crying with my face burrieid in his furry chest. There is no doubt that he has made my life a million time better, I simply could not imagine life without him. And now I use him as motivation to get outside and walk so we can both be healthy!
  • Perizada
    Perizada Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm both a cat and dog person (confusing I know) I was planning on being a crazy old cat lady when I was in my 20's, but then my hubby came along (and let me bring another cat home), but when we bought our 1st house we also got our 1st dog nearly 10 years ago. Willow is my Princess. She's a Whippet x KelpiexSilkie, but looks like a small Pharoh Hound. It's an evil mix as she has the speed of a Whippet but the stamina of a Kelpie, not other dog can keep up with her.
    We found Willow's brother from another litter in the trading post. Mr Darcy unfortunately died last year from a heart attack. He was the same mix as Willow but more Silkie Terrier in his size. He was my Hubby's Little Man and used to sit on his shoulder :happy:
    Now we also have a big black boof-head called Chester. He's a 3yo lab x ridgeback that we adopted through the RSPCA and has turned out to be the best guard dog.
  • enigrebua
    enigrebua Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I have two gorgeous Basset Hounds :)

Here are my babies Rhea (female aged 8 English Basset) and Rury (male, aged 3, American/Scottish Basset)

282191_191642174231292_100001565322453_528253_6571347_n.jpg

381406_339107659449174_100000498280403_1422018_1513798251_n.jpg
  • naia16
    naia16 Posts: 35
    Options
    I love all dogs, but have a special place in my heart for Golden Retrievers. About the most gentle, smart, playful and sweet woofers on the planet. I'm on my third now. Boys and girls: meet Eric:

7179225_764.jpg

You will never see him without a tennis ball. Seriously. Never. I kid you not.

i have grown up with golden retrievers. i think my parents are on their 5th one now. they have started adopting "senior" goldens from a retriever rescue as they are a lot calmer and my father can take them on walks without getting knocked off his feet. their current one they have is named Clyde and he came to them with heartworm at 9 years of age. he is going through treatment and they love him already. he just came to them right after the holidays. and yes, they are the most gentle, loving dogs. definitely good for families with kids :) oh and clyde is too cute. when he goes for a walk he always has to bring this giant stuffed red lobster with him. so funny to see him walking down the street with that in his mouth.
  • Bigaug
    Bigaug Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I have two gorgeous Basset Hounds :)

Here are my babies Rhea (female aged 8 English Basset) and Rury (male, aged 3, American/Scottish Basset)

Oh man do I love a good Basset!
  • jo2907
    jo2907 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    <
    This is a picture of my dog Zak, he is a lab x collie, he's 3 1/2 years old and he is my baby.. we got him from a working farm ( not a puppy farm) in Yorkshire (about 4 hrs drive from where we live) when he was 7 weeks old, although he annoys me sometimes he is the best dog ever, i cant imagine life without him

And for all of you who have lost your pets, i am so sorry for you loss reading your stories have made me cry... I have attached this beatuful poem, everytime i read it i am in floods of tears....

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of Heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing: they each miss someone very special, someone who was left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; his eager body begins to quiver. Suddenly, he breaks from the group, flying over the green grass, faster and faster. You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into those trusting eyes, so long gone from your life, but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together...

Author Unknown
  • JVanDam77
    JVanDam77 Posts: 130
    Options
    bump
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Here is Delilah, a 3 year old Irish Setter/Lab mix. We have had 6 months now and love her so much!

030-3.jpg

060.jpg
  • 42bella
    42bella Posts: 14
    Options
    my babies!!
    n746200103_5728716_2293.jpg

bailey.jpg
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    <
    This is a picture of my dog Zak, he is a lab x collie, he's 3 1/2 years old and he is my baby.. we got him from a working farm ( not a puppy farm) in Yorkshire (about 4 hrs drive from where we live) when he was 7 weeks old, although he annoys me sometimes he is the best dog ever, i cant imagine life without him

And for all of you who have lost your pets, i am so sorry for you loss reading your stories have made me cry... I have attached this beatuful poem, everytime i read it i am in floods of tears....

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of Heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing: they each miss someone very special, someone who was left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; his eager body begins to quiver. Suddenly, he breaks from the group, flying over the green grass, faster and faster. You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into those trusting eyes, so long gone from your life, but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together...

Author Unknown

This is a beautiful poem........well I think it is anyway. I never make it past Just this side of Heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here........:cry:
  • blondebandbabe
    blondebandbabe Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Love love LOVE this thread! i'll have to post pics of my puppies when I get home. I have a 2yr old Female Siberian husky named Eva ( a-vah) and a year old Alaskan Malamute male named Denali. I have a huge passion for large breed dogs and a special place in my heart for arctic breeds, they are so majestic. MY grandfather raised American Eskimos and my parents had Sheltie's all my life, my husband and I got our Husky while stationed in 29 palms Calif. 3000 miles away from family, she really helped me beat the lonliness. I want to eventually live in the country and add a great dane and a leonberger ( google them they are amazing!) to our pack.

We also have a roomate right now so Eva and Denali share the house with a 1 year old female mini bull terrier named Kaza.
  • beaglenutty
    beaglenutty Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Im a dog lover!! Love my beagles<3 so many dogs end up in shelters its so sad love my recued babies
  • Ydrgn
    Ydrgn Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I love my baby. As i write this he is on my lap making typing a bit more difficult but I wouldnt have it any other way. He is a 1 1/2 year old chihuahua who thinks he is the biggest baddest dog ever :0P He barks at everyone who he doesnt know but as the saying goes he is all bark and no bite. So loving and as soon as he gets to knows you greats you with so much enthusiam each time he meets you again. He came into my life unexpectedly and when I most needed him. I love him to pieces and spoil him rotten. I can not imagine my life without him
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I LOVE MY PUPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He's a boxer. But i got a big soft spot for pitbulls too and plan on getting a pit bull buddy for my puppy :)
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I have two Yorkies Penny and Nickle. They are priceless.. well not really, about 15 cents actually. I love how their butts are wagging so fast when I walk in the door from work and they race across the back of the couch to jump on me when I sit down.
    Smart dogs!! Glad they're small too, just easier because they don't shed and I don't have to give up much space on the bed.

We used to have a cavalier - he's with friends now and a nice big yard to run in, but talk about HAIR!!!
  • katya73
    katya73 Posts: 464
    Options
    Totally love dogs .. Growing up my folks never let me have any pets .. First week leaving alone at 17 .. I bought a Rhodesian ridgeback .. She was the most amazing loyal dog ever .. She even went through a phantom pregnancy when I was pregnant with my first child :) ... Now I own a Labrador .. Had a pug who died new years day :(( ... Wasn't quite ready to replace her yet but this weekend I received a pretty special surprise .. New black pug .. Pictured with me ... I wuv him soo .. Totally cheered me up :))