Looking for some new buddies :)

Options
Hey guys,
I've been on MFP for a while now and never had any buddies on here b/c of the attitude of "I don't want people to see what I'm eating or how lazy I'm being" so I tried to just do everything myself. Come to find out, everyone needs to have buddies on here b/c without them there is no one to hold you accountable on your lazy days or praise you for your good ones. I need serious motivation b/c I got VERY lazy over the holidays and can't seem to get back on track. Is anyone else having this problem or am I the only one who is a procrastinator!?! Wanting so bad to start Turbo Fire again but can't seem to find the time anymore with my three kids and my husband (who is like a big kid!) The older my kids are getting, the harder it's getting for me to find time ( that sounds wierd but it's true) any friend requests are welcome...lets keep eachother on track :happy:

Replies

• akmett
    akmett Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have been on for 3 days and have "met" some great new friends who keep me accountable and positive. I think it's great you are reaching out for support - we all need that. I am a 36 year old Mom of 4 who wants to lose 55 lbs. Friend me if you would like... I would love to help each other out.
  • Tiff587
    Tiff587 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Don't be self concious! We are all here for the same reason and we can help each other. I only just realised we could look at what other people have eaten, lol! I have just been loving the encouragement people give each other.
    Add me if you want support!
  • loraloha74
    Options
    I can relate. I have 4 boys and a husband and often find it hard to find time to workout. I started getting up super early to work out when everyone's asleep. Once they way up its a lot harder. It's going great. I hope I have cracked the code for now lol. Good luck. You can do it!!!
  • PrissyJayne
    Options
    Hey Sweetie. I'm kind of the same way. A bit scared to let everyone critique my eating. But I think you're right - maybe that's what we need. I have two little ones and I work full-time. Working out can be such a chore, but believe it or not - my alarm goes off at 3:50am, I'm up and dressed by 4 and on the treadmill. It really jump starts my day and puts me in a great place.
  • pandie147
    Options
    I just started too. I am 26 and I am the biggest ever. I get really embarresed over what I eat and working out. I think I just am too self concience. I am trying to at least lose fifty pounds. I am right now doing the Insanity program. I am on day four of the program and I love it. Hoping to make some buddies. :-)
  • n8vchick77
    n8vchick77 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I never got active on the boards and made friends until recently and I have to say that I am glad I did! anyone can add me if they like
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Glad you are finding friends on here! Just so you all know, you can keep your food diary private, even to friends......some people find it frustrating when they can't see a friend's diary as they find it helpful to see what other's are eating, I keep mine private, just cause it's mine! I usually eat a pretty well balanced diet, but not always and sometime I goof up for days at a time, then get right back on track....I'm my own worst critic and I like people on here for support not criticism.........................I'm rambling!!! Just wanted you all to know that you can keep your food diary private if you don't feel comfortable sharing!
  • kerriann4
    kerriann4 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Just so ya know, under Settings at the top you can go to diary settings and choose for your meals to be private or shared with friends only :)
  • ckerr88
    Options
    I am new to MFP as well and I have do not currently have any friends on here rigth now.... I am sure that I should start looking for some. I am married and have 3 boys. I have always been too lazy to change my life style of eating.... but now is the time. I have to do this for myself! I would like to lose a total of 30lbs. I have started on a new program called ZÜS no excuse and this group has been really great with helping me be accountable for my workouts. I hope to gain friends on here soon that will help to keep me accountable with my eating.
  • mkrakeel
    Options
    Hey everyone. My name is Melissa. I just started this. I am getting married sometime next year and I need to lose 20 pounds and keep the weight off! If any of you have excellent recipe ideas, please let me know! I want to start eating healthy, also if you have any exercise plans that help let me know too! :)
  • tabbieh
    Options
    Hi. Im Tabitha. I would love to have a new buddy. I just started this app about a week and a half ago. Im not sure how to go about adding. If its my email you need it is tabbieh@yahoo.com
  • dietonthego
    dietonthego Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Can't have enough friends for support. Friend me as I would like to be a support for you.
  • joandhan
    Options
    im new today, i didnt realise other people can see your diary..... guess i better be good then. im a mum of 6 by the way!
  • labrennan
    labrennan Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    i've been on MFP for a few months and quite honestly i kind of fell off logging in food/exercise around holidays. i am trying to drop 10-15 lbs and its hard. most days i'm good with the eating and logging in, but sometimes right after dinner or evening is when i graze with a bite of this or that. sometimes i look at other peoples diaries especially when they are losing ONLY to get ideas. and then to sometimes see if they drink all the water that is required. that is my biggest blunder, especially when its cold outside.
  • joandhan
    Options
    i doubt if i will ever manage the water, two glasses is about my limit. tho iv never had a problem loseing weight in the past in spite of this.