Brides to be?

Options
I'm wondering if any of the other brides out there would want to keep me motivated. My wedding isn't for a year and a half so it is easy to say, "I have time to lose weight later, I'll sleep in this morning.."

Help!

Replies

• emtastic929
    emtastic929 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi! We just became friends, and I'd be happy to help support you. You are so right about it being easy to say "I have time..." But I stand here as an example of someone who did that and now I am running out of time. EEK! I have about 20 lbs till my goal, but I'd like to at least be down 10 more lbs by my wedding. I am happy to support, encourage, and cheer you on! :)
  • MamaLeague
    MamaLeague Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm a 6/2013 bride! I'm totally up for more support!
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Another 6/2013 bride here. Feel free to add me!

I don't have a goal for my wedding, but always happy to share stories and offer support.

Going wedding dress shopping for the first time on Saturday.
  • crazygirl82
    Options
    I am getting married 8/2012. I would like it if we could help eachother get motivated. My goal is to lose 15-20lbs before my wedding. Exercising and eating right has been an issue for me. Working a full-time job, a part-time job, being a full-time mom to a 14 month old boy, and going back to college makes it hard for me to have an energy and/or motivation to exercise. I know that if we all help eachother we WILL do great!!!:happy:
  • j3nnal3igh13
    Options
    Hi!! I'm also getting married next year and my goal is to lose 40lbs before then. Add me. More motivation always help!
  • MSepp
    MSepp Posts: 228
    Options
    Getting married in August-trying to lose 5-10 lbs before the big day!
  • x_biggirl
    Options
    I am a 2013 bride and would be happy to support, It seems far away now but I know it will come around very quickly. Good luck to everyone:)
  • MrsSullivan08
    MrsSullivan08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    You are already on my friends list but I am getting married May/2012! So I really don't have a lot of time to lose weight and get in shape. :/
  • lisabruce12
    lisabruce12 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am a May 2012 bride...wanting to lose at least 20 pounds by then. I am needing some motivation and support. I am new to this site and not really sure what I'm doing so I need some help there too... How do I add friends????
  • jenna715
    jenna715 Posts: 201
    Options
    I'm a july 2012 bride wanting to lose 15 more lbs!! we can do it ladies!! START NOW!!! I started late and I could have been thinner in my engagement pics...remember its not just the wedding you'll wanna lose weight for...theres all the stuff before too!
  • cantobean
    cantobean Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hi! getting married 9/2/12. I've been slowly getting back in shape since October, but I've only lost 4 pounds so far. It takes a long time, so I definitely recommend starting now! I'm hoping to lose 10-15 more before the wedding.
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    not getting married until 2014 but, am going to be in a wedding in May and my dress only just fits. Add ME! :)
  • mela0417
    Options
    Hey!! I'm a December 2012 bride and need a lo of support too!! HELP!! I need to loose 35 pounds!! I feel like I cant' do this alone. I would really appreciate the help and would be glad and more than happy to motivate right back!!
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    No firm date but sometime in 2013! i want to be maintaining my goal weight for at least six months to a year before my wedding. that way, the lifestyle becomes second nature, and my body is in great shape just because it's getting everything it needs! once that happens, it's a cake walk (wedding cake that is....:laugh: ) i also figure that if i lose it all now, i will be WAY less stressed before the wedding as it gets closer. planning can be stressful and i go to school and work, just as a lot of us do, so any eliminated stress is awesome. :happy:

And congrats! :flowerforyou:
  • hng2101
    hng2101 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    September 2012 here!!! I've actually been on MFP for a year and a half now but got less disciplined over the holidays :-( and gained three lbs.

My ultimate goal would be 139 lbs but even at my most disciplined I couldn't seem to get under 145. So if I weigh between 139 and 145 in September I'll be very happy :-).
  • jmconway1
    Options
    I'm a September bride! I'm hoping to lose 20 before the big day... I just started a week ago and the first week the weight just flew off at a loss of 1.8 lbs. I know its going to slow down so it's going to be tough. Let's do it so we can all be proud of our wedding pictures for the rest of our lives!!!!!!!!!!!
  • quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in a year and a half too! (June 21, 2013 to be exact..). But I've been working on losing weight since July of 2011. Feel free to add me! :)
  • HeatherJeffrey
    Options
    My wedding is Jan 2013!! I have 24lbs to go... I've been doing this for almost 3 weeks and have not lost a pound! lol!! I need movivation too.... feel free to add me!
  • bee1248
    bee1248 Posts: 27
    Options
    I'm a 7/13 bride :)

i haven't started dress shopping yet :) i'm hoping to lose like 20 more pounds before I go for the first time. Good luck!
  • shirquana
    Options
    Hi there july 2012 bride here! Already bought my dress in a smaller size so that I would lose the weight. Having a little trouble with over eating and junk food. HELP!