Exercise question - Pain behind the head/upper neck area

Options
Hi, I'm new and I have a question. Whenever I exercise I get this burning pain behind my head/neck area. Is that normal? Do I keep pushing it through or just ease off? I mean i happens in the first 5 minutes and on top of that I run out of breath fairly quick.

Thanks for any help you guys can offer.

Replies

• libland
    libland Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    What kind of exercise?
  • simplesolid
    Options
    any and all kind. I was playing a Just dance 3 game when it happened this afternoon. But the pain is the same where I walk or do push-ups. Seems related to how tired I am.
  • latinqueencee
    latinqueencee Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    last year I decided to start with a personal trainer at my gym. Anytime I had to use weights, my head felt like it was going to explode, the pain was unreal. I could barely walk. Ended up in the ER, Ct scan of head showed herniated and bulging disks in my cervical spine (neck). I totally blame the trainer because she shouldve checked me for correct form, correct breathing pattern, etc. Now I am deathly afraid of weights because I am afraid of getting those headaches again. Get that checked out please.
  • simplesolid
    Options
    Wow I can't believe that I forgot to mention that. I have been diagnosed with Herniated disc on my neck. So you're probably right the pain is probably from that.

But it kind of makes it hard to exercise. I have to do it in short 5 minute sets. 5 min exercise then rest until pain goes away usually 5-10 minutes or so.

Thanks very much for your help. I still can believe that I forgot to mention that :)
  • vacamama
    vacamama Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I would go and see your doctor about that. It could be nothing, but it could also be serious. There are SO many reasons why you could have pain in your body due to exercise.

Be safe but work hard!